- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Today 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Today 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Today 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Today 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Today 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Today 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Today 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Today 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Today 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Today 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Today 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Today 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
Orlando Uber driver who allegedly groped female passenger said she was ‘asking for that’
Ramy Botros blamed the clothes she was wearing, saying she was “asking for that.”
Cities and taxi services upset with Uber for cornering the ride-sharing market, the more alarming discord comes from the app’s passengers. Patrons have reported sexual abuse, homophobia, and stalking at the hands of their drivers, including some who have criminal pasts. On Wednesday, Orlando-based Uber driver Ramy Botros, 28, was arrested after a female passenger accused him of grabbing her breast and fondling it “in an aggressive manner.”
According to the arrest affidavit, the incident occurred on Friday evening when the woman requested a ride from a bar around 10pm to meet her boyfriend. When she entered the car, Botros repeatedly commented on her appearance before stopping the car and shoving his hand in her tank top to fondle her breast. She ordered him to stop and asked him to continue driving, but not before leaving the car with his business card.
The woman, according to police, recorded the incident because she had heard about similar sexual abuse women have experienced using the service.
After being picked out of a police lineup, Botros told police that “in Egypt, if [a] girl like her” dresses like she did, “it means she [is] asking for that,” the Orlando Sentinel reported.
Botros is currently out on bond after being booked on first-degree misdemeanor battery charges. Uber has released a statement saying it has suspended the driver’s account while investigating the charges.
Alternative car services like SheTaxi have sprung up recently to offer female riders a safer ride.
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.