- Nevada officials issue warnings for people prepping to ‘Storm Area 51’ 4 Years Ago
- These are the 8 best fighting games available today 4 Years Ago
- Pluto TV and the NFL launch the NFL Channel 4 Years Ago
- Trump: ‘I am the chosen one’ 4 Years Ago
- Video shows arrest of 15-year-old who threatened school shooting online 4 Years Ago
- Woman finds massive diamond after watching YouTube video on how to find diamonds Today 11:30 AM
- Up to 20 states are banding together to probe Facebook, Google Today 11:08 AM
- Get your tinker on with the Electronic Games Advent Calendar Today 10:51 AM
- Why Joe Biden has big Jeb Bush energy Today 10:35 AM
- Trump quotes conspiracy theorist saying he’s the ‘second coming of God’ Today 9:04 AM
- Parkland teens announce massive gun reform proposal Today 9:04 AM
- Here’s how you can get a free palm reading online Today 8:48 AM
- ‘The Matrix 4’ is happening with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss Today 7:17 AM
- Fantasy football 2019: Your team-by-team NFC preview Today 7:00 AM
- The 10 best science podcasts to teach you about our world Today 6:00 AM
Jeffrey Williams, 20, has been charged in the shooting of two police officers on March 12. He is currently being held on a $300,000 bail. Williams told police that he did not intentionally target the officers he shot.
McCulloch says it’s possible that the person was firing at somebody other than police. Weapon has been recovered tied to the shell casing.
— Jason Rosenbaum (@jrosenbaum) March 15, 2015
The officers, who authorities haven’t publicly named, were working in Ferguson to keep the protests following Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson’s resignation under control. They were facing the protesters when they were shot. Authorities determined that the shots came from behind the protesters, up to 125 yards away.
The officers, one from St. Louis County and the other from the city of Webster Groves, were treated for their wounds and are now home to recuperate.
This story is developing.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.