- Don Cheadle made important fashion choices on ‘SNL’ 4 Years Ago
- Why the Twitter left loves to dunk on Max Boot Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver’ online for free Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Daytona 500 for free Today 5:50 AM
- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Larry Charles’ Dangerous World of Comedy’ finds the balance between tragedy and comedy Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Michael ‘Venom’ Page vs. Paul Daley for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the NBA Dunk Contest 2019 online for free Saturday 6:50 AM
- The best new TV shows to stream this weekend Saturday 6:00 AM
2 police officers in serious condition after being shot at Ferguson protest
They were keeping an eye on the latest Ferguson protest.
Tensions rose between protesters and police Wednesday night following the resignation of Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson, who is now the sixth person to have resigned or been fired as a result of the damning Department of Justice report on the Ferguson justice system and its culture of racism.
Shots were fired from somewhere north or northwest of the Ferguson Police Department building shortly after 12am CT, where some protesters and police officers still stood. Before then, the protests, which had been taking place since around 8pm CT, had been peaceful.
Raw footage from livestreams broadcasting the latest protests captured the moment shots were fired.
The two officers wounded by the gunshots are conscious but still in serious condition. At least three shots were fired at police officers, according to St. Louis County Police Chief John Belmar. The St. Louis County officer was shot in the shoulder while a Webster Groves officer was shot in the face.
“These police officers were standing there, and they were shot just because they were police officers,” Belmar told media in St. Louis Thursday morning.
“We have seen in law enforcement,” he continued, “that this is a very, very, very dangerous environment for the officers to work, in regarding the amount of gunfire that we have experienced up there.”
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.