Pro-tip: Here's where all the coffee shop Wi-Fi passwords are hidden
- r/secretsanta opens signups for Arbitrary Day, the subreddit's June gift exchange. (r/blog)
- Patton Oswalt hosts an AMA in his bathrobe. (r/IAMA)
- Redditors react to the death of Doors founder Ray Manzarek in r/music. (r/music)
- Redditors share their adventures in the world of online dating. (r/AskReddit)
- Why are gold, silver, and bronze the top prizes in sports? (r/AskHistorians)
- r/AskScience explains how the Internet crosses oceans. (r/AskScience)
- Want the Wi-fi password for a public place? Check Foursquare. (r/LifeProTips)
The case for unions
Huffington Post employees are pushing to unionize—and so should everyone else.
Justin Bieber's nude photos and the double standard of privacy invasion
Where's the outrage?
Designer creates awesome interactive timeline based off Wikipedia articles
Get ready to spend a few hours scrolling through history.
T-Mobile CEO blasts Microsoft for alleged AT&T exclusivity deal
The Twitter rampage did not mince words.
Netflix is about to increase the price of its most popular subscription
The standard plan will cost $10.
This startup open-sourced its diversity policies so others can copy them and iterate
It's a starter kit for HR policies that can make startups more diverse.
Amazon's 'Handmade' will battle Etsy for online craft dominance
The battle of the handmade merchandise is on.
Google just bought abcdefghijklmnopqrstu- vwxyz.com
Google is really taking the alphabet thing seriously.
Facebook's 'Dislike' button has evolved, and here's what it looks like now
You'll soon be able to express emotions for each post and comment.
Obama planning to try again on gun-control executive order
There have been 46 school shootings this year so far.
Obama disappoints privacy activists by punting on encryption debate
And privacy activists aren't happy.
China arrests hackers at the request of the U.S. government
But details are in short supply.
California enacts strong new online-privacy law as debate continues on national version
It's one of the toughest privacy laws in the country.
Leak site Cryptome accidentally leaks its own visitor IP addresses
It comes shortly after some of the site’s encryption keys were compromised.