- DaBaby explains altercation with hotel employee after video goes viral 7 Years Ago
- Kanye faces backlash for headlining Christian event with anti-LGBTQ leaders Today 10:31 AM
- Why is Yennefer of Vengerberg so different in Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’? Today 10:00 AM
- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge Today 9:46 AM
- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
YouTube Guide: “The West Wing” walks and talks the vote
A Michigan candidate receives the endorsement of a lifetime from the reunited cast of The West Wing. Plus: Breakbad Mountain. Because, why not?
With over 72 hours of footage uploaded every minute, it’s physically impossible to keep track of the content on YouTube. But in YouTube Guide, the Daily Dot will curate its five favorite finds for each workday.
1) The West Wing, “Walk and Talk the Vote”
Michigan judicial candidate Bridget Mary McCormack gets a high profile endorsement from the reunited cast of Aaron Sorkin’s The West Wing, who are happy to remind their legions of fans of the importance of walking and talking—and voting.
2) Flula Borg, “American Football, Your Name It Is Strange”
Nobody—nobody—fails to understand the subtleties and intonations of American language and terminology like Flula Borg, the German-born DJ who’s likely more well known in this country for his naîve rants than he is for his work on the turntables. This week, the perplexed Deutschlander riffs on his confusion over football—the type that Peyton Manning plays.
3) The Thrash Lab, “Yom Kippur”
Yom Kippur, the Jewish day of atonement, is coming next Tuesday. So gentiles: listen up. The Factuary’s Guy Branum is here to teach you a lesson about “the baddest Jewish Holiday of all.” Here’s the first pro tip: it starts at sundown the night before. The second: every Jewish holiday is about eating food because people didn’t die.
4) Eric Posen, “Breakbad Mountain”
It’s well documented that you can change the music and the lighting and turn Breaking Bad into just about anything, so it should come as no surprise that someone took the plunge and created Breakbad Mountain, an edited spoof that will make you question the ideals of working relationships.
5) Daily Grace, “It’s a Sin-Oh-Man Roll”
Grace Helbig graces your YouTubes every morning without fail, but it’s a special occasion when she shows up in the kitchen. Today, Grace tried her hand at a Sin-Oh-Man Roll, a cinnamon roll-looking thing that’s actually made out of bacon and sausage. Yikes.
Photo via YouTube
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.