- White woman demanding strangers ‘repent’ for Christ sparks conversation on mental illness and racism Sunday 9:27 PM
- Amtrak employee asked a NAACP lawyer to move from her train seat Sunday 7:54 PM
- Billie Eilish fans riot after being referred to as ‘Avocados’ Sunday 4:37 PM
- Beyhive coming for Sainsbury’s supermarket over Ivy Park shade Sunday 3:17 PM
- Antique store blasted for selling ‘white only’ signs Sunday 1:45 PM
- DaBaby explains altercation with hotel employee after video goes viral Sunday 12:32 PM
- Kanye faces backlash for headlining Christian event with anti-LGBTQ leaders Sunday 10:31 AM
- Why is Yennefer of Vengerberg so different in Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’? Sunday 10:00 AM
- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge Sunday 9:46 AM
- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
YouTube Guide: Dumping Overly Attached Girlfriend
Breaking up is hard to do and harder still when your girlfriend is practically joined at the hip.
With over 72 hours of footage uploaded every minute, it’s physically impossible to keep track of the content on YouTube. But in YouTube Guide, the Daily Dot will curate its five favorite finds for each workday.
1) Life According to Jimmy, “Breaking Up with Overly Attached Girlfriend”
Jimmy Traino tries his best to break things off with a girl he met earlier in the week. The only problem: Traino’s girlfriend is famous… for being an overly attached girlfriend. Remember Laina? She’s back, and she’s just as overly attached.
2) Screen Junkies, “Honest Trailers: The Avengers”
Since February, the Screen Junkies’ Honest Trailers have been the single most determining analysis on whether or not we’ll go ahead and Netflix a movie. In the case of The Avengers, the conclusion is clear: We’re dying to catch “the movie blockbuster that finally unites the world’s greatest superheroes—that Marvel still has the rights to.”
3) Symphony of Science, “Metal Songs for Kids”
Mashup maestro John Boswell adds heavy metal guitar riffs to Jim Breuer’s 2009 routine on kids learning nursery rhymes through rock and roll, giving a soundtrack to Breuer’s hilarious impressions of Metallica’s James Hetfield and AC/DC’s Brian Johnson.
4) Seven Minutes in Heaven, “Fred Armisen”
Portlandia star Fred Armisen steps inside Mike O’Brien’s closet to talk about the show, try a few unverified impressions, and make some percussive closet music. There’s also some kissing at the end. The whole thing’s actually kind of awkward.
5) Gringotone, “I Am Flip Phone Trailer”
Imagine a world in which one man has chosen to go through life in 2012 with nothing but a flip phone and some golf clubs. Andrew Nackrude is a dude with a flip phone living in Las Angeles, and he hasn’t had a conversation with anyone in more than three weeks.
Photo via YouTube
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.