- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Wednesday 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Wednesday 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Wednesday 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Wednesday 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Wednesday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Wednesday 11:57 AM
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 Wednesday 11:39 AM
YouTube Guide: “Cops: Skyrim”
Whatcha gonna do when the town guards come for you? Plus, Ryan Higa discovers the best joke ever.
With over 72 hours of footage uploaded every minute, it’s physically impossible to keep track of the content on YouTube. But in YouTube Guide, the Daily Dot will curate its five favorite finds for each workday.
1) Nerdist, “Cops: Skyrim”
Bryan Basham and the geeks at Nerdist have put a new slant on an old staple—mixing the magic of Fox Television’s classic Cops with the smash-hit RPG The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The result: wizards facing accosting, drunk cobblers “shooting flames of fire,” and high-speed horse chases.
2) Ryan Higa, “The Best Joke Ever!”
The best joke ever? Turns out it’s just a “knock-knock” joke—about walking into a bar. Isn’t that punny? Ah, forget it. Let’s just cut to the chase.
3) Chris Griesemer, “Tons of Impressions and Voices”
It doesn’t matter whether it’s Stewie Griffin, Walter Cronkite, or Elmo: There’s simply no voice that the Texas-based Chris Griesemer can’t remake to be bigger, bolder, or funnier. Best is when Griesemer breaks into “the dialect portion” of the clip and sorts through the different intonations between southerners and Brits.
4) The Trash Lab, “American Citivil War Reenactors”
The Trash Lab crew heads out to beautiful El Dorado Park, Calif., to get a look at some of the more than 50,000 American Civil War reenactors who put themselves on the front lines of antiquity every year.
How passionate are reenactors? Take it from this Abe Lincoln-looking fellow: “If I’m going to do this, I’m going to need to know more about him. The more you read about him, the more you learn, the more you want to know. Pretty soon, you really become Abraham Lincoln.”
5) Olde Payphone, “Box Wine Garden Party”
Is it possible to have yourself a nice, cordial, and mature box wine garden party? Try all you want—don the white linens and baguettes and croquette. After three rounds, that baguette’s going to be between your legs, and you’ll be playing Slap the Bag.
Photo via YouTube
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.