- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Sunday 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Sunday 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Sunday 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Sunday 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
Tyler Perry to star as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles villain
Tyler Perry’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Perry joins fellow series newcomer Stephen Amell, who will play Casey Jones. Megan Fox and Will Arnett, who played April O’Neil and Vernon Fenwick in the first film, are set to reprise their roles.
Upon news of Perry’s casting, fans took to Twitter to express shock and—what else?—outrage.
Tyler Perry as Baxter Stockman
— Dan Doherty (@DDoherty_) April 23, 2015
In TMNT lore, Stockman was a scientist whose invention of the “Mousers” rat-munching machines attracted the interest of Shredder. In the 1987 animated series, Stockman was transformed into a human-fly hybrid, hellbent on destroying both the Turtles and Shredder, who had turned his back on him.
While Perry is best known for a series of self-referential film series, he has occasionally branched out into other projects. He played lawyer Tanner Bolt in Gone Girl and the head of Starfleet in the 2009 Star Trek reboot.
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.