- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Friday 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Friday 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Friday 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Friday 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Friday 1:47 PM
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays Friday 1:04 PM
- Go green and save green with solar-powered Christmas lights Friday 1:02 PM
- Bloomberg on diversity in 2020 race: ‘Don’t complain to me’ Friday 12:40 PM
- Midge flaunts the worst side of herself in ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ season 3 Friday 12:17 PM
- Social media companies continue to fail to police fake behavior, study finds Friday 10:44 AM
The most intriguing portion of the performance was the singer’s dance routine—he made sure the stiff crowd loosened up and chained to the beat. Timberlake even made his way over to wife and actor Jessica Biel.
Jackie Chan, Sting, and many others were miraculously on beat throughout.
The performance’s turn into Bill Withers’ “Lovely Day” tied the new with a classic tune, to which Timberlake pointed at Denzel Washington, nominated for best actor for his role in Fences, and told him, “I know you know this one.”
Ryan Gosling and Dev Patel, however, didn’t know the words to “Lovely Day,” and danced awkwardly.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.