- The genius way Genius caught Google allegedly stealing lyrics Today 3:03 PM
- This bubble tea challenge is a balancing act Today 2:15 PM
- Laura Dern gifts the internet with more ‘Big Little Lies’ memes Today 1:54 PM
- The Stonks meme is back—and it’s weirder than ever Today 1:27 PM
- Video shows officer threatening to shoot pregnant Black woman in front of her children Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Leila’ tells a familiar dystopian horror story Today 12:37 PM
- O.J. Simpson says in Twitter video that he never slept with Kris Jenner Today 12:06 PM
- GOP commissioner jokes on Facebook about running over Trump protesters Today 11:52 AM
- 2 trans women killed within 3 months in the same neighborhood Today 11:35 AM
- DNC tries to pander with tone-deaf Beyoncé meme, fails miserably Today 10:45 AM
- Parkland grad says Harvard rescinded offer after racist comments surfaced Today 10:10 AM
- ‘The Edge of Democracy’ chronicles the downfall of Brazil’s political leaders Today 9:42 AM
- Suzanne Collins is writing a ‘Hunger Games’ prequel Today 9:31 AM
- KSI rips Logan Paul for delay in their YouTube boxing rematch Today 9:02 AM
- Trump kicks chief of staff out of Oval Office for coughing during interview Today 8:29 AM
Justin Timberlake opens Oscars with mesmerizing performance—and Jackie Chan loves it
The most intriguing portion of the performance was the singer’s dance routine—he made sure the stiff crowd loosened up and chained to the beat. Timberlake even made his way over to wife and actor Jessica Biel.
Jackie Chan, Sting, and many others were miraculously on beat throughout.
The performance’s turn into Bill Withers’ “Lovely Day” tied the new with a classic tune, to which Timberlake pointed at Denzel Washington, nominated for best actor for his role in Fences, and told him, “I know you know this one.”
Ryan Gosling and Dev Patel, however, didn’t know the words to “Lovely Day,” and danced awkwardly.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.