- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl 2 Years Ago
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Today 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
The most intriguing portion of the performance was the singer’s dance routine—he made sure the stiff crowd loosened up and chained to the beat. Timberlake even made his way over to wife and actor Jessica Biel.
Jackie Chan, Sting, and many others were miraculously on beat throughout.
The performance’s turn into Bill Withers’ “Lovely Day” tied the new with a classic tune, to which Timberlake pointed at Denzel Washington, nominated for best actor for his role in Fences, and told him, “I know you know this one.”
Ryan Gosling and Dev Patel, however, didn’t know the words to “Lovely Day,” and danced awkwardly.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.