- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? 4 Years Ago
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China 4 Years Ago
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Today 3:14 PM
- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok Today 2:52 PM
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting Today 2:42 PM
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Today 1:45 PM
- Republican’s Operation Safe Return criticized as cover for mass deporation Today 1:42 PM
- ‘Chernobyl’ star Jared Harris is concerned about people taking Instagrams there Today 12:18 PM
- Mattel’s BTS dolls are finally up for preorder Today 12:14 PM
- Harry Styles is in talks to play Prince Eric in ‘The Little Mermaid’ Today 11:44 AM
- Graphic video shows father beating young daughter for being sexually active Today 11:40 AM
- Black conservative activist made #IceBae a thing Today 9:53 AM
- Jeffrey Epstein’s pilot deletes Instagram after Kellyanne Conway pic surfaces Today 7:56 AM
- ‘Pennyworth’ is a deliriously strange addition to the Batman franchise Today 7:30 AM
- How to read free magazines with your Amazon Prime membership Today 7:00 AM
Please welcome to the stage this hilarious parade of Taylor Swift’s hypothetical besties
Her Swift skip-and-hair-flip is on point.
One Taylor Swift fan has some excellent suggestions for celebrity guests she should bring out at her upcoming concerts.
If you’ve ever been to a Swift concert, you might have experienced the parade of mostly white, very famous celebrities and models she trots out as a testament to how many besties she has. Podcaster and writer Lara Marie Schoenhals—co-author of White Girl Problems, a 2012 satire that started out as a tongue-in-cheek hashtag—went to Swift’s Santa Clara show over the weekend. The singer brought out Julia Roberts and Joan Baez, for some reason, and made them awkwardly dance to her music. She is the puppetmaster.
Tonight Joan Baez and Julia Roberts danced it out to ‘Style’. These two women are my heroes. What an honor. pic.twitter.com/ERFqo1SS8H
— Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) August 16, 2015
So Schoenhals created her own dream lineup of increasingly ridiculous celebrity cameos she’d like to see at Swift’s upcoming L.A. concerts. We’d kill to actually see Tonya Harding, Nancy Kerrigan, and the Blair Witch on stage with Tay Tay.
Illustration by Max Fleishman
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.