- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old 1 Month Ago
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing 1 Month Ago
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video Today 3:30 PM
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case Today 3:08 PM
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Today 2:33 PM
- The ‘your music saved me’ meme celebrates the wackiest influences of our time Today 2:20 PM
- This guy slapped his mom’s boobs for a TikTok and, honestly, it’s exhausting Today 12:37 PM
- Jif peanut butter and Giphy have joined forces on how to pronounce ‘GIF’ Today 12:19 PM
- This dad threw a 1-year HRT party for his trans son and the internet can’t get enough of it Today 11:44 AM
- This petition wants Pornhub to be shut down for good Today 11:03 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s speech voice is suspiciously like Obama’s Today 10:56 AM
- Exposé about Bernie staffer’s Twitter leads to his firing—and an online class war Today 10:40 AM
- Netflix adds Top 10 feature to showcase what’s popular Today 10:24 AM
- YouTube permanently bans ‘news’ channel that said impeachment was ‘Jew coup’ Today 10:21 AM
- FIFA pro banned from all EA games following threatening rant Today 10:16 AM
Manchester City’s surprising draw with Crystal Palace on Saturday left it a little further behind in the Premier League standings. Liverpool can clinch the title with 30 more points even if City matches win for win … and those last three points, in the current scenario, would come April 4 when City hosts Liverpool. But City, for the meantime, is still mathematically in the race to defend its title, though it has a tough match on Tuesday against a Sheffield United team that may reach European qualification in its first year of promotion.
Here’s everything you need to know to live stream Manchester City vs. Sheffield United, including what to watch for on the pitch.
Manchester City vs. Sheffield United
- When: 2:30pm ET, Tuesday, Jan. 21
- Where: Bramall Lane in Sheffield, England
- Streaming: NBC Sports Gold
Man City vs. Sheffield United live stream: How to watch Premier League matches
The match is on NBC Sports Gold; it’s an easy way to get all your Premier League action from a single online streaming service.
- Cost: $39.99 (for Matchday Pass option); $64.99 (for Premier League Pass option)
- NBC Sports Gold TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, iOS and Android device.
If you want access to every Premier League game this season, you’ll want an NBC Sports Gold subscription. At the Matchday Pass tier, for $39.99, you get access to 140 exclusive live matches, with at least four for each of the 20 clubs. The Premier League Pass option gives you an option to replay matches, in case you can’t catch a match live, and offers additional programming, including analysis and highlights. NBC Sports Gold offers additional packages for fans who want to follow rugby action, the PGA tour, Indy Car racing, cycling, and lacrosse.
Manchester City vs. Sheffield United: Preview, recent form, odds, upcoming fixtures
Manchester City (Last 5 Premier League matches: LWWWD) thought it had pulled off an escape against Palace on Saturday when Sergio Aguero led a comeback with 82nd- and 87th-minute goals. A Fernandinho own-goal in the last minute of regulation, however, resulted in the draw and a loss of two crucial points in the title race. City hasn’t had a bad season at all despite its five losses—it’s just that it’s chasing a team having a historic season.
Sheffield United (Last 5 Premier League matches: DLLWD) found a late goal against Arsenal on Saturday to salvage a point but dropped to seventh in what is becoming a keen race for the European places in the table. Even if the fifth-place position the club held a month ago is a high-water mark for the season, the Blades have put together a remarkable season considering they were second in the Championship a year ago.
Manchester City is the favorite according to William Hill’s bookmakers, with -240 odds (wager $240 to win $100), while the Blades are +650, and a draw (which would have been the right bet in the City-Palace match) is at +370 odds.
Manchester City, Sunday, Jan. 26 vs. Fulham (FA Cup); Wednesday, Jan. 29 vs. Manchester United (Carabao Cup)
Sheffield United, Saturday, Jan. 25 at Milwall (FA Cup); Saturday, Feb. 1 at Crystal Palace (Premier League)
- How to watch the Premier League
- How to watch the 2019-20 La Liga season
- How to watch the Champions League
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Phil West is a sports reporter and the author of two books on soccer, ‘The United States of Soccer,’ and ‘I Believe That We Will Win,’ both from The Overlook Press. His work has appeared most recently in MLSSoccer.com, Pro Soccer USA, Texas Highways, and Howler. Based in Austin, he is also a lecturer in the Writing Program at the University of Texas at San Antonio.