- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake 2 Years Ago
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Today 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Today 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Today 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Today 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Today 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Today 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Today 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
Slash to broadcast L.A. Zoo concert in virtual reality
But if you don’t have any interest in paying hundreds of dollars to see some 50-year-olds regurgitate a bunch of hard rock tunes from 30 years ago (totally worth it, by the way), Slash has another offer for you. How about you watch him play a gig at the Los Angeles Zoo while it’s broadcast in virtual reality?
As Billboard notes, the content can be found on the Google Daydream headset (with the NextVR app from the Google Play store) or the Samsung Gear VR headset (with the same app available at the Oculus store).
It’ll take place May 20 to benefit the zoo and the Species Conservation Action Network, and Jack Black will be among the guest stars that join in the gig. Fans who watch will have the ability to view behind-the-scenes footage in VR, his rehearsal, and an interview with Slash.
Perhaps this shouldn’t be a surprise since Slash is such an animal lover. He is a board trustee on the Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association, and the conservation effort strikes a chord with him.
“I used to not believe in zoos as a concept, but now because there are so many endangered animals; there’s so much poaching,” Slash told Samaritan Mag in 2012. “With zoos now, it’s really about conservation. They become safe houses for a lot of species so, I think, now, zoos are really necessary places, not totally about just family entertainment at any cost. It’s about education; it’s about conservation.”
And it’s about starring in zoo commercials with Betty White.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.