- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
No “giggle-ment” in Sinéad’s latest tweets
The troubled singer says she needs help.
We all have our resolutions.
Two weeks ago, singer Sinéad O’Connor wrote on her blog that in 2012, she would be using Twitter “for purposes purely of fun and giggle-ment.”
While O’Connor has pretty much kept to those goals, her tweets turned dark about nine hours ago when she started asking her 5,500 followers for medical help.
“[I] realise i will be in trouble 4 doing this but.. ireland is a VERY hard place to find help in. So having tried other ways 1st im asking,” O’Connor tweeted under her new handle @vampyahslayah. “does any1 know a psychiatrist in dublin or wicklow who could urgently see me today please? im really un-well… and in danger.”
O’Connor followed up her plea with an email address, asking people to send her information so she can “get back on her meds today.” A handful of users have responded, mostly with kind words of support. O’Connor has not tweeted since about 6 a.m. Eastern Time.
O’Connor has been in the news recently for marrying, separating from, then reconciling with Barry Herridge in less than a month.
Four months ago, O’Connor took to Twitter in search of her next husband and sex partner in a heavily publicized rant that left people wondering if she was well. Now, unfortunately, they’re getting an answer.
Photo by pieter morlion
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.