- How to stream the 2019 Stanley Cup for free 7 Years Ago
- Swipe This! My needy coworker won’t stop texting me 7 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘The Hot Zone’ for free 7 Years Ago
- Witness the wholesome magic of inter-generational conversations on r/AskOldPeople 7 Years Ago
- How to watch Paramount Network online for free Today 5:30 AM
- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Sunday 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Sunday 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Sunday 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Sunday 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Sunday 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Sunday 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
Simon Tofield’s wildly popular animated cat ventures out of doors and immediately gets into trouble. Plus: Your status message is too damn cute.
With over 72 hours of footage uploaded every minute, it’s physically impossible to keep track of the content on YouTube. But in YouTube Guide, the Daily Dot will curate its five favorite finds for each workday.
1) Simon Tofield, “Simon’s Cat in Springtime”
Tofield’s popular Web series returns. This time, Simon’s Cat is faced with the prospect of breaking out of his house and into the real world. Naturally, the first thing he does is try to pry open a bird feeder.
2) YouTube Comedy, “Presidential Debate / The Voice Mashup”
Bore yourself to tears last night watching Mitt Romney and Barack Obama duke it out at the Colorado debate? YouTube Comedy discovered that pitting the two against one another on NBC’s The Voice makes matters a bit more entertaining.
3) My Damn Channel, “Way too cute—Status Kill”
Denton Sparks has a problem with your status message: It’s too damn cute. And if you don’t knock it off with those pictures of your puppies, he’s gonna have to make a move. You don’t want to have to mess with a madman like Denton Sparks.
4) Timothy De La Ghetto and RZA, “Chunk Dirty Returns”
The Wu-Tang Clan’s RZA stops by De La Ghetto’s studio to teach the young rapper a few lessons about what it means to be an MC. (Warning: NSFW. Wu-Tang Clan ain’t nuthin’ to f**k with.)
5) Symphony of Science, “Rise from your Tomb! Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie Remixed”
Revving up excitement for the Oct. 31 3-D release of Frankenweenie, YouTube mashup maestro Symphony of Science (né John D. Boswell) concocting this Auto Tune remix that only begins to tell Burton’s epic tale.
Photo via Simon Tofield/YouTube
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.