- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
“Saturday Night Live” crowdsources next hosts and musicians
You can use Facebook or Twitter to help choose the show’s next celebrity guests.
You could help choose Saturday Night Live’s next host or musical guests via Twitter or Facebook.
After noticing that fans, without being asked, have been flooding the NBC show’s Facebook page and creating Twitter-based campaigns suggesting hosts and musicians, the show has decided to make it official.
On Facebook, SNL will create a Facebook status siphoning for suggestions once a month. Meanwhile, on Twitter, users can tweet suggestions using the hashtags #SNLHost and #SNLMusic.
“Some of the suggestions have been so amazing that we here in the web world want to keep better track of what you’re saying so that we can pass it along to our producers,” a spokesperson wrote in a post on SNL’s website.
A search for #SNLHost on Twitter reveals that a lot of people want The Avengers star Tom Hiddleston to host the show.
“He is the most incredibly talented actor in showbiz today,” tweeted an impassioned Twitter user appropriately named Hiddleston’s Lover.
Suggestions for musicians include rockers Blink-182, rapper Childish Gambino, and indie band Walk the Moon.
Photo via NBC/Hulu
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.