- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight 7 Years Ago
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Today 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Today 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Today 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Today 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Today 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Today 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Today 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Today 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Today 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Today 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
Psy delivers a “Gangnam Style” Reddit interview
Psy didn’t disappoint in his first-ever Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything), answering redditors’ questions quite candidly. Even the ones about asses.
Psy’s catchy rap anthem, “Gangnam Style,” has conquered the world. Now, the South Korean singer has done the same with Reddit.
The musician’s Ask Me Anything (AMA) thread, in which Psy answered redditors’ questions for an hour Wednesday, shot up to the top of the front page of Reddit before he even started talking.
The session got off to a late start, but Psy quickly delivered by not shying away from redditors’ sillier questions. When asked about the scene in his “Gangnam Style” music video where he appears to get mad at a girl’s behind, Psy explains he did it “because her ass was so mad.”
“This is much better than anything that was discussed on Ellen or Good Morning America,” redditor Sippin_Haterade quipped.
Perhaps that’s because a majority of the questions Good Morning America asked had nothing to do with asses. Still, Psy didn’t want Reddit to assume he yells at buttocks on the regular.
“[I]t is embarrassing to admit but this was my very first time,” he confessed.
Video parodies of “Gangnam Style” have dominated Reddit since July, and Psy let the site in on which one is his favorite: the Ohio University Marching Band’s take.
Mostly, Psy shared facts about himself per Reddit’s requests. What instruments can he play? Clarinet and drums. Where’d he get that moniker? It’s short for “psycho.” If he could meet any celebrity, who would it be? Tom Cruise.
What’s something he wished more people knew about him? “I compose all my music myself.”
Psy hung out with Reddit for about an hour before leaving to finish working on his latest record. He’s under a lot of pressure, considering that he has to follow up a hit that’s been stuck in the heads of redditors all over the world for months.
“Did you just sit down and say to yourself, ‘I’m going to make the catchiest fucking song of all time?’” dckunited asked.
“I thought so,” Psy replied, “But only for Korea.”
Lauren Rae Orsini is a web culture reporter who specializes in anime and the business of fandom. Her work has been published by Forbes and Business Insider.