- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
- Twitch streamer says she was banned for body painting Friday 11:39 AM
Paul Reubens says a ‘Pee-Wee Herman’ sequel is happening
Pee-wee Herman’s not done just yet.
Last night, Pee-Wee’s real-life alter-ego Paul Reubens sat down with Jimmy Fallon and confirmed a rumor that has been circulating for years: a sequel to Pee-wee’s Big Adventure is happening.
Reubens was so excited about the project that he jumped the gun and told everyone about it a week early.
“There is going to be [a movie],” Reubens said. “And I was hoping that I could make this huge announcement tonight, but it’s a week away, I think, from being announced.”
Judd Apatow is still attached to produce the film, and while a director has been hired, Reubens couldn’t say who it was—only that it wasn’t Steven Spielberg. He also couldn’t say whether any of the other original cast members would return, or which new actors would be joining the project. He did, however, reveal that filming will start in February.
We’re all basically the luckiest boy in the world right now.
Paul Reubens will be coming again and this time not in the inappropriate way in a #PeeWeeHerman revival movie produced by Judd Apatow.
— Kyle Bruehl (@GenerationFilm1) October 30, 2014
Paul Reubens says they have shoot dates and a director for the new Pee-Wee movie. Anything can happen, but it’s basically paperwork now.
— Jesse Thorn (@JesseThorn) October 30, 2014
Some fans even have their perfect director in mind, although it’ll be impossible to please everyone.
Tim Burton had better be the director of the new Pee Wee movie. So help me god, you guys!
— Bryan White (@CinemaSuicide) October 30, 2014
I hope whoever directs the new Pee-Wee film has a bit of visual panache. Burton did such a great job of making Big Adventure look funny.
— Dawn of the Ed (@ejrdavies) October 30, 2014
I’ll be shocked if Nick Stoller isn’t directing the PEE-WEE movie
— Sammy Salsa (@samwunderl) October 30, 2014
And to top things off, Reubens even stepped into the recording booth and put his twist on the Age of Ultron trailer.
Screengrab via The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.