- How to stream Packers vs. Lions on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:15 PM
- College students burned author’s books after she spoke about white privilege Sunday 6:28 PM
- Texas police officer fatally shoots Black woman in her own home Sunday 3:44 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Sunday 1:42 PM
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video Sunday 12:36 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Sunday 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Sunday 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Sunday 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Sunday 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Sunday 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
Oprah Winfrey sat down with Edward Enninful, editor-in-chief of British Vogue, earlier this week for what she claimed was the easiest interview he was ever going to have. “Yes, because I’ve done it and I know what it’s like to be on that side, so I try to give as much as I can,” she explained.
In other words, Queen Oprah was her usual generous, gracious, and humble self for the interview, in which she revealed that she only just googled herself for the first time. In 2018! On one hand, it’s like, girl. But on the other—doesn’t Oprah have people to do that for her?
In either case, Oprah was pleased by what she discovered.
“I was like, I am so impressed with myself,” she admitted. “This is what I didn’t know, that I was the first African-American self-made billionaire. I did not know that. I donated more to charity in the 20th century than any other African-American. This is really good!”
Well duh, Oprah. The rest of the world knows that our girl is a boss babe, and it seems about damn time she realizes it, anyway. Sadly, as far as we know Winfrey is still not considering a 2020 presidential run, because we could use someone that modest in the White House.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.