- Man allegedly kills girlfriend, then pretends to be her on Facebook Sunday 4:29 PM
- Trevor Lawrence met TikTok teen who looks just like him Sunday 3:48 PM
- Trump’s hospital visit spawns conspiracy theories Sunday 2:49 PM
- ‘SNL’ skit combines Harry Styles, the Popeyes chicken sandwich, and Disney+ Sunday 2:02 PM
- Doctored photo of GOP congresswoman flipping the bird fools critics Sunday 1:05 PM
- Internet scammers taking advantage of Narwhal the ‘unicorn’ rescue puppy Sunday 12:19 PM
- Sunday Night Football: How to stream Bears vs. Rams live Sunday 12:00 PM
- CupcakKe’s month-long ‘water fast’ has fans concerned Sunday 11:24 AM
- Will.i.am claims ‘racist’ flight attendant called police on him Sunday 10:28 AM
- How does Disney+ compare to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Apple TV+? Sunday 9:35 AM
- How to stream Patriots vs. Eagles live Sunday 9:30 AM
- Girl turns herself into ‘pleading face’ emoji Sunday 9:27 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Lions live Sunday 9:00 AM
- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Sunday 3:00 AM
Normani has been slaying the Halloween game with her Naomi Campbell, Selena Quintanilla, and Cher costumes–racist trolls are coming for her after she posted the latter on Instagram.
“Cher – 1979,” Normani captioned the post.
While comments are overwhelmingly positive, some trolls are deciding to be racist.
In a screenshot grabbed by People, one Instagram user commented under Normani’s Cher picture saying:
“I don’t think this is the right costume for a black girl. Cher is white and Cher was thin, Cher did a lot you not even close to her you black people think you own everything not fair you could’ve done Beyoncé or Rihanna or Janet but no Cher Cher is white respect her.”
Aside from being racist, fatphobic, and point-blank wrong, the user tried to dampen what was clearly a young artist paying homage to someone who inspires her–on Halloween, no less.
And Hailey Bieber was not about to let anyone attack Normani on her holiday.
“There is absolutely nothing wrong with Normani dressing up as Cher for Halloween,” Bieber responded to the user. “What do you mean by the first sentence? She can do it because she wants to, she is doing much better than you, you’re behind a computer complaining about a costume. Stop being racist and get out of her page if you don’t like it. It’s 2019 and you’re still supporting the garbage of Trump.”
Normani has yet to respond to the criticism, but that’s probably because she’s too busy slaying the game.
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian
- Ariana Grande’s ‘Twilight Zone’ Halloween costume is freaking people out
- Billie Eilish responds to celebrities dressing up as her for Halloween
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.