- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle 3 Months Ago
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders 3 Months Ago
- Woman spots mole in man’s TikTok video, saves him from cancer Today 2:17 PM
- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight Today 1:08 PM
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast Today 12:17 PM
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Today 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Today 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Today 10:06 AM
- White rapper punched in the face for saying the N-word during battle Today 9:21 AM
- Hillary Clinton blasts Bernie Sanders, says ‘nobody likes him’ Today 8:57 AM
- Someone found Harry Styles’ doppelganger—and TikTok is obsessed Today 8:08 AM
- Patrick Stewart has spoken to Kevin Feige about playing Professor X again Today 7:16 AM
- ‘Shrill’ season 2 expands its world and point of view Today 7:00 AM
- Trans/Sex: Let trans art be messy, weird, and uncomfortable Today 6:00 AM
- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
Normani has been slaying the Halloween game with her Naomi Campbell, Selena Quintanilla, and Cher costumes–racist trolls are coming for her after she posted the latter on Instagram.
“Cher – 1979,” Normani captioned the post.
While comments are overwhelmingly positive, some trolls are deciding to be racist.
In a screenshot grabbed by People, one Instagram user commented under Normani’s Cher picture saying:
“I don’t think this is the right costume for a black girl. Cher is white and Cher was thin, Cher did a lot you not even close to her you black people think you own everything not fair you could’ve done Beyoncé or Rihanna or Janet but no Cher Cher is white respect her.”
Aside from being racist, fatphobic, and point-blank wrong, the user tried to dampen what was clearly a young artist paying homage to someone who inspires her–on Halloween, no less.
And Hailey Bieber was not about to let anyone attack Normani on her holiday.
“There is absolutely nothing wrong with Normani dressing up as Cher for Halloween,” Bieber responded to the user. “What do you mean by the first sentence? She can do it because she wants to, she is doing much better than you, you’re behind a computer complaining about a costume. Stop being racist and get out of her page if you don’t like it. It’s 2019 and you’re still supporting the garbage of Trump.”
Normani has yet to respond to the criticism, but that’s probably because she’s too busy slaying the game.
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian
- Ariana Grande’s ‘Twilight Zone’ Halloween costume is freaking people out
- Billie Eilish responds to celebrities dressing up as her for Halloween
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.