- Congressman quotes ‘Mein Kampf’ on House floor 2 Years Ago
- Rapper Tone Loc detained after confronting teen in Confederate flag hat 2 Years Ago
- Sarah Sanders shares Mueller Madness bracket Today 10:19 AM
- NASA postpones all-women spacewalk over lack of suits that fit the female astronauts Today 10:17 AM
- Texas Rangers shortstop walks up to ‘Baby Shark’ Today 9:58 AM
- The best wireless gaming headsets under $100 Today 9:23 AM
- Trump demands networks blacklist these guests—including prominent Democrats Today 9:09 AM
- Bookworms! Now’s your chance to grab 3 months of Amazon Music for free Today 9:00 AM
- You can get paid $1,000 to binge-watch the first 20 Marvel movies Today 8:56 AM
- The ‘flat stomach’ meme has morphed into the ‘pregnant mom’ meme Today 8:43 AM
- Get 6 months free with this sweet Amazon Music Unlimited offer Today 8:30 AM
- Zoie Burgher tweets details about supposed threesome with FaZe Pamaj, Abigale Mandler Today 8:09 AM
- How to stream MLB Network for free Today 8:05 AM
- BTS fans at war over these divisive Mattel dolls Today 7:38 AM
- ‘ReMastered: The Miami Showband Massacre’ revisits one of Ireland’s greatest tragedies Today 7:00 AM
Nicolas Cage’s trip to Kazakhstan produces a wonderful meme
Blink once if you’re OK, Nic.
Is Nicolas Cage preparing for a new role? Has he become an alien host? So many questions come to mind when looking at this photo of him in Kazakhstan.
Cage appeared in traditional attire over the weekend, posing next to musician Aiman Mussakhajayeva while attending the Eurasia International Film Festival. (Adrian Brody was also there.) At first, it appears to be a wax figure of Cage, but you can see something resembling human emotion in his eyes. The Cage Gaze.
In other news, Nicolas Cage is in Kazakhstan. pic.twitter.com/ceAk0ktgqy
— Fabrice Deprez (@fabrice_deprez) July 23, 2017
Cage, Trump, Pope. pic.twitter.com/NQTD3bF1CP
— Mark (@MarkyLott) July 23, 2017
Naturally, Cage’s lifeless form could be inserted into any pop-culture vessel.
Micho cachondeo en la red rusa tras la visita de Nicolas Cage a Kazagistán pic.twitter.com/7VgpFRzfwT
— Ricardo Marquina (@RusiaSeMueve) July 25, 2017
Nicholas Cage looks like he's just heard 9 of the 10 activation words and is about to go full Winter Soldier. pic.twitter.com/liabS5MZJ1
— Hanna Flint (@HannaFlint) July 24, 2017
— Pete F (@Paradise5551) July 23, 2017
At a festival press conference, Cage told reporters that he would be “pleased to participate in some film project on the territory of Kazakhstan,” like a normal human and not someone who is an alien host.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.