- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Monday 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Monday 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Monday 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Monday 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Monday 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Monday 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Monday 1:24 PM
Is Nicolas Cage preparing for a new role? Has he become an alien host? So many questions come to mind when looking at this photo of him in Kazakhstan.
Cage appeared in traditional attire over the weekend, posing next to musician Aiman Mussakhajayeva while attending the Eurasia International Film Festival. (Adrian Brody was also there.) At first, it appears to be a wax figure of Cage, but you can see something resembling human emotion in his eyes. The Cage Gaze.
In other news, Nicolas Cage is in Kazakhstan. pic.twitter.com/ceAk0ktgqy— Fabrice Deprez (@fabrice_deprez) July 23, 2017
Cage, Trump, Pope. pic.twitter.com/NQTD3bF1CP— Mark (@MarkyLott) July 23, 2017
Naturally, Cage’s lifeless form could be inserted into any pop-culture vessel.
Micho cachondeo en la red rusa tras la visita de Nicolas Cage a Kazagistán pic.twitter.com/7VgpFRzfwT— Ricardo Marquina (@RusiaSeMueve) July 25, 2017
Nicholas Cage looks like he's just heard 9 of the 10 activation words and is about to go full Winter Soldier. pic.twitter.com/liabS5MZJ1— Hanna Flint (@HannaFlint) July 24, 2017
At a festival press conference, Cage told reporters that he would be “pleased to participate in some film project on the territory of Kazakhstan,” like a normal human and not someone who is an alien host.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.