- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free 1 Year Ago
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Today 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Today 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Today 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Today 1:00 AM
- Daily Stormer founder to turn over personal, financial information in lawsuit Saturday 8:51 PM
- Ariana Grande’s ‘7 Rings’ courts controversy Saturday 6:19 PM
- Crowd of MAGA teens attempts to intimidate Native American protester Saturday 4:13 PM
- ‘Generously buttered noodles’ is the bizarre, wholesome meme you didn’t know you needed Saturday 2:07 PM
- All of Machinima’s YouTube videos are gone, stunning creators and fans (updated) Saturday 1:14 PM
- Photo of federal workers conjures Great Depression Saturday 12:24 PM
Nicolas Cage’s trip to Kazakhstan produces a wonderful meme
Blink once if you’re OK, Nic.
Is Nicolas Cage preparing for a new role? Has he become an alien host? So many questions come to mind when looking at this photo of him in Kazakhstan.
Cage appeared in traditional attire over the weekend, posing next to musician Aiman Mussakhajayeva while attending the Eurasia International Film Festival. (Adrian Brody was also there.) At first, it appears to be a wax figure of Cage, but you can see something resembling human emotion in his eyes. The Cage Gaze.
In other news, Nicolas Cage is in Kazakhstan. pic.twitter.com/ceAk0ktgqy
— Fabrice Deprez (@fabrice_deprez) July 23, 2017
Cage, Trump, Pope. pic.twitter.com/NQTD3bF1CP
— Mark (@MarkyLott) July 23, 2017
Naturally, Cage’s lifeless form could be inserted into any pop-culture vessel.
Micho cachondeo en la red rusa tras la visita de Nicolas Cage a Kazagistán pic.twitter.com/7VgpFRzfwT
— Ricardo Marquina (@RusiaSeMueve) July 25, 2017
Nicholas Cage looks like he's just heard 9 of the 10 activation words and is about to go full Winter Soldier. pic.twitter.com/liabS5MZJ1
— Hanna Flint (@HannaFlint) July 24, 2017
— Pete F (@Paradise5551) July 23, 2017
At a festival press conference, Cage told reporters that he would be “pleased to participate in some film project on the territory of Kazakhstan,” like a normal human and not someone who is an alien host.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.