- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers 2 Years Ago
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture 2 Years Ago
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max 2 Years Ago
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet 2 Years Ago
- ‘We vape, we vote’ movement insists it’s real in wake of bot reports 2 Years Ago
- Netflix will finally start cracking down on password sharing Today 11:48 AM
- PSAT memes are back! This year on TikTok and amid College Board crackdown Today 11:20 AM
- Scotland grants pardons to men, trans women convicted under homophobic laws Today 10:45 AM
- Cole Carrigan again accuses Austin McBroom of sexual assault Today 9:58 AM
- Trump’s condolences for Elijah Cummings ripped apart Today 9:24 AM
- How to watch ‘Hocus Pocus’ right now Today 9:18 AM
- TikTok loves these 3 kids who kayak down concrete stairs Today 9:12 AM
- How to watch ‘Letterkenny’ season 7 Today 9:11 AM
- Trump’s attempt to mock Nancy Pelosi with a photo completely backfires Today 9:11 AM
- Yahoo is shuttering Yahoo Groups. Fandom will never be the same Today 8:44 AM
Is Nicolas Cage preparing for a new role? Has he become an alien host? So many questions come to mind when looking at this photo of him in Kazakhstan.
Cage appeared in traditional attire over the weekend, posing next to musician Aiman Mussakhajayeva while attending the Eurasia International Film Festival. (Adrian Brody was also there.) At first, it appears to be a wax figure of Cage, but you can see something resembling human emotion in his eyes. The Cage Gaze.
In other news, Nicolas Cage is in Kazakhstan. pic.twitter.com/ceAk0ktgqy— Fabrice Deprez (@fabrice_deprez) July 23, 2017
Cage, Trump, Pope. pic.twitter.com/NQTD3bF1CP— Mark (@MarkyLott) July 23, 2017
Naturally, Cage’s lifeless form could be inserted into any pop-culture vessel.
Micho cachondeo en la red rusa tras la visita de Nicolas Cage a Kazagistán pic.twitter.com/7VgpFRzfwT— Ricardo Marquina (@RusiaSeMueve) July 25, 2017
Nicholas Cage looks like he's just heard 9 of the 10 activation words and is about to go full Winter Soldier. pic.twitter.com/liabS5MZJ1— Hanna Flint (@HannaFlint) July 24, 2017
At a festival press conference, Cage told reporters that he would be “pleased to participate in some film project on the territory of Kazakhstan,” like a normal human and not someone who is an alien host.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.