- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Today 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Today 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Today 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Today 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Today 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Today 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
Netflix cuts ties with Kevin Spacey, says it won’t air ‘House of Cards’ if he’s involved
The streaming service is done with him.
Netflix took it a step further Friday.
“Netflix will not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes Kevin Spacey,” Netflix said in a statement. “We will continue to work with [producer Media Rights Capital] during this hiatus time to evaluate our path forward as it relates to the show.”
Media Rights Capital announced Friday night it had suspended Spacey from the show as it investigates the allegations against him.
Since Rapp made the accusations against Spacey, another man said Spacey had sexually assaulted him when he was 14 and Spacey was 24 (Spacey was 26 when he allegedly assaulted Rapp in the 1980s). A number of House of Cards crew members have also alleged that Spacey was inappropriate while on set and that he has a pattern of predatory behavior.
Spacey’s representatives say he’s now seeking treatment and evaluation. But he won’t be appearing on Netflix, and that apparently includes the Gore Vidal biopic Spacey starred in and produced that was in post-production. According to Variety, Netflix is thinking about creating a House of Cards spinoff.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.