- Discord allegedly used to lure teenager boy to Florida trailer housing sex slave Tuesday 7:36 PM
- Millie Bobby Brown has the wrong take on ‘You’ Tuesday 6:42 PM
- Why is Tony Stark missing from the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer? Tuesday 6:00 PM
- The creepy texts this woman received are eerily similar to Netflix’s ‘You’ Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Roku defends decision to host InfoWars amid online backlash (updated) Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Pump yourself up for ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 with this masterfully edited hype video Tuesday 2:35 PM
- NBC asked reporters not to call Steve King’s comments ‘racist’ Tuesday 2:21 PM
- Disney files copyright claim on YouTuber’s Darth Vader film—and the creator is devastated Tuesday 2:18 PM
- The ’10 Year Challenge’ isn’t as fun for trans people Tuesday 1:25 PM
- New Nike shoes can be controlled from your smartphone Tuesday 1:06 PM
- Cardi B. jumps on 10-year challenge with high school performance of Lady Gaga song Tuesday 12:28 PM
- Parents, teachers cry foul over Verizon fee hike for popular education app Tuesday 11:57 AM
- Conservative men are kicking and screaming about Gillette’s new toxic masculinity ad Tuesday 11:23 AM
- Mysterio is hot now in the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer Tuesday 10:53 AM
- Netflix hikes prices on all subscription plans Tuesday 10:48 AM
Netflix cuts ties with Kevin Spacey, says it won’t air ‘House of Cards’ if he’s involved
The streaming service is done with him.
Netflix took it a step further Friday.
“Netflix will not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes Kevin Spacey,” Netflix said in a statement. “We will continue to work with [producer Media Rights Capital] during this hiatus time to evaluate our path forward as it relates to the show.”
Media Rights Capital announced Friday night it had suspended Spacey from the show as it investigates the allegations against him.
Since Rapp made the accusations against Spacey, another man said Spacey had sexually assaulted him when he was 14 and Spacey was 24 (Spacey was 26 when he allegedly assaulted Rapp in the 1980s). A number of House of Cards crew members have also alleged that Spacey was inappropriate while on set and that he has a pattern of predatory behavior.
Spacey’s representatives say he’s now seeking treatment and evaluation. But he won’t be appearing on Netflix, and that apparently includes the Gore Vidal biopic Spacey starred in and produced that was in post-production. According to Variety, Netflix is thinking about creating a House of Cards spinoff.
Josh Katzowitz is the Weekend Editor for the Daily Dot and covers the world of YouTube. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. He’s also a longtime sports writer, covering the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.