- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Sunday 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Sunday 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Sunday 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Sunday 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
Netflix cuts ties with Kevin Spacey, says it won’t air ‘House of Cards’ if he’s involved
The streaming service is done with him.
Netflix took it a step further Friday.
“Netflix will not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes Kevin Spacey,” Netflix said in a statement. “We will continue to work with [producer Media Rights Capital] during this hiatus time to evaluate our path forward as it relates to the show.”
Media Rights Capital announced Friday night it had suspended Spacey from the show as it investigates the allegations against him.
Since Rapp made the accusations against Spacey, another man said Spacey had sexually assaulted him when he was 14 and Spacey was 24 (Spacey was 26 when he allegedly assaulted Rapp in the 1980s). A number of House of Cards crew members have also alleged that Spacey was inappropriate while on set and that he has a pattern of predatory behavior.
Spacey’s representatives say he’s now seeking treatment and evaluation. But he won’t be appearing on Netflix, and that apparently includes the Gore Vidal biopic Spacey starred in and produced that was in post-production. According to Variety, Netflix is thinking about creating a House of Cards spinoff.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.