- What is “TikTok including Musical.ly”? Tuesday 8:48 PM
- Video shows driver yelling N-word at Black woman in road rage incident Tuesday 7:40 PM
- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
Netflix took it a step further Friday.
“Netflix will not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes Kevin Spacey,” Netflix said in a statement. “We will continue to work with [producer Media Rights Capital] during this hiatus time to evaluate our path forward as it relates to the show.”
Media Rights Capital announced Friday night it had suspended Spacey from the show as it investigates the allegations against him.
Since Rapp made the accusations against Spacey, another man said Spacey had sexually assaulted him when he was 14 and Spacey was 24 (Spacey was 26 when he allegedly assaulted Rapp in the 1980s). A number of House of Cards crew members have also alleged that Spacey was inappropriate while on set and that he has a pattern of predatory behavior.
Spacey’s representatives say he’s now seeking treatment and evaluation. But he won’t be appearing on Netflix, and that apparently includes the Gore Vidal biopic Spacey starred in and produced that was in post-production. According to Variety, Netflix is thinking about creating a House of Cards spinoff.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.