Actress Natalie Dormer—better known to A Song of Ice and Fire fans as Margaery Tyrell—appeared on Conan last night to provide some tantalizing tidbits on the upcoming season of the show. Conan O’Brien and Dormer discussed what may lie in store for her character, the mysteries that await now that the show has overtaken the books, and—because it is Game of Thrones—how she hopes she’ll inevitably be killed off.
- Ser Pounce doesn’t play well with others. King Tommen’s fan-favorite kitty is apparently a “bit of a diva,” and was “very difficult work with.”
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau—aka Jaime Lannister—smells like “musky spicey woody gorgeousness.”
- Jack Gleeson is “fun and so lovely between takes,” despite how his character Joffrey Baratheon was prone to behave.
- Diana Rigg basically is her character, the Queen of Thorns. “She’s INCREDIBLE,” Dormer wrote. “She’s a veteran actress that’s won Tonys and BAFTAs, she’s so well-read, she’s always got a dirty story and a piece of wisdom.”
- George R. R. Martin’s lavish devotion to descrptions of food doesn’t translate into real life. Though the fake food in Game of Thrones is of a higher standard that the “rationed” fare in The Hunger Games (in which Dormer also appears), the actual food provided to the actors (known as the “craft service”) is “way better” in Hunger Games than Game of Thrones.
- “Drop and intelligent” Peter Dinklage is most like the character he plays, Tyrion Lannister—while he, Pedro Pascal, Gwendoline Chistie, Lena Headey are among the funniest.
- Manipulating King Tommen is the hardest part of Game of Thrones. “I tried very hard to find the line of manipulation” for the junior monarch, Dormer writes. “It was a difficult thing for me and the creators to get the right tone on. We tried our best.”
- She hasn’t read any of A Song of Ice and Fire. “[Margaery isn’t] a POV character, so I was advised by [showrunners] Dan & David it might not help me.”
Screengrab via Team Coco