- How to watch Serie A online for free Today 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Today 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
Stop the presses! The actress is now tweeting under @JustDemi, while her old alias has already been snached by a Twitter squatter.
Demi Moore’s cleansing process of ridding herself of anything Ashton Kutcher-related is now complete.
“So hard finding a name that was fun somewhat playful and available. So for now it will be @justdemi It could grow on me!,” she tweeted to her five million followers after ashing her cigarette.
Her new name, obviously mulled over by focus groups and endless meetings by Team Demi, was three weeks in the making. Her former name, @MrsKutcher, has already been picked-up by a confused squatter. “Hello?..,” was its first tweet.
Many followers took the time out of her day to wish her congratulations, like Simon Everitt, who tweeted, “Good luck and May the 4th be with you…”
Others, discouraged by the breathless media coverage the name change received, tweeted their ambivalence.
“Demi Moore changes Twitter handle to @justdemi. In other news, I plucked my eyebrows,” Jane Wells tweeted.
Robin Wauters echoed that sentiment: “We live in a world where Demi Moore changing her Twitter username from @mrskutcher @justdemi is apparently earth-shattering news.”
We’ll keep you updated if she changes her name again, since it sounds like that’s what you guys want.
Photo by Automotive Rhythms
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.