- Would you buy a Popeyes chicken sandwich from Quavo for $1,000? Today 3:05 PM
- Someone set up a Spider-Man memorial outside D23 Expo Today 2:15 PM
- A$AP Rocky just isn’t texting Trump back Today 1:24 PM
- Hong Kong protesters knock down alleged ‘facial recognition tower’ Today 12:35 PM
- PewDiePie becomes the first YouTuber to hit 100 million subscribers Today 11:35 AM
- ‘Breaking Bad’ movie will show us what happened to Jesse Pinkman Today 9:39 AM
- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Today 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
The former @MrsKutcher finally changes her Twitter handle
Stop the presses! The actress is now tweeting under @JustDemi, while her old alias has already been snached by a Twitter squatter.
Demi Moore’s cleansing process of ridding herself of anything Ashton Kutcher-related is now complete.
“So hard finding a name that was fun somewhat playful and available. So for now it will be @justdemi It could grow on me!,” she tweeted to her five million followers after ashing her cigarette.
Her new name, obviously mulled over by focus groups and endless meetings by Team Demi, was three weeks in the making. Her former name, @MrsKutcher, has already been picked-up by a confused squatter. “Hello?..,” was its first tweet.
Many followers took the time out of her day to wish her congratulations, like Simon Everitt, who tweeted, “Good luck and May the 4th be with you…”
Others, discouraged by the breathless media coverage the name change received, tweeted their ambivalence.
“Demi Moore changes Twitter handle to @justdemi. In other news, I plucked my eyebrows,” Jane Wells tweeted.
Robin Wauters echoed that sentiment: “We live in a world where Demi Moore changing her Twitter username from @mrskutcher @justdemi is apparently earth-shattering news.”
We’ll keep you updated if she changes her name again, since it sounds like that’s what you guys want.
Photo by Automotive Rhythms
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.