- Redditor wants to know if he’s the a**hole for ghosting pregnant partner Thursday 8:19 PM
- How to go live on TikTok Thursday 8:08 PM
- Joey Salads suggests Democrats carried out Santa Clarita mass shooting Thursday 7:31 PM
- How influencers use TikTok to make money and launch careers Thursday 7:18 PM
- How to stream Argentina vs. Brazil live Thursday 6:51 PM
- How to watch Disney+ on a smart TV Thursday 6:28 PM
- Miss Fame calls out Justin Bieber for low music video appearance pay offer Thursday 6:19 PM
- Trump Jr. ranked No. 1 on best-seller list—after the GOP gave away copies of his book Thursday 5:45 PM
- How to get Disney+ bundle if you already subscribe to Hulu and/or ESPN+ Thursday 5:19 PM
- Mo’Nique suing Netflix for race and gender discrimination Thursday 5:09 PM
- Students outraged that professors accused of sexual misconduct are still teaching Thursday 5:00 PM
- TikTok users jokingly wear big hats to sneak snacks into movie theaters Thursday 3:59 PM
- Why today’s new facially recognition bill is being called ‘woefully’ inadequate Thursday 3:15 PM
- Facebook has given more user data to the government than ever before Thursday 2:57 PM
- How to sign up for Disney Plus Thursday 2:55 PM
Michael B. Jordan exchanged some tweets with his Black Panther co-star Lupita Nyong’o on Monday—and Twitter is shook over their suggestive tones.
The public conversation started when Nyong’o tweeted a video of her storming into Jordan’s dressing room and requesting he do a pushup. Apparently, the two made a bet on the set of Black Panther, and Nyongo’s winning prize was to command Jordan to do “on call pushups” anytime she wanted.
The video, taken backstage at The View, shows the pair hugging and laughing before Jordan drops for one (perfect) pushup.
“Stay down,” Nyong’o tells him, giving us all flashbacks to every moment that Nyong’o’s Nakia was a total badass in Black Panther.
But it’s Jordan’s now-deleted response that had Twitter totally floored.
“Bring them chocolate cakes back,” Jordan tweeted at Nyong’o. “You ready for round 2?”
He topped it off with #youknowyouwantthis.
The initial shock was overwhelming.
NOW WHAT EXACTLY IS GOING ON pic.twitter.com/I0vxhB3YMZ— optimus prime’s wife (@sydneybaretts) February 20, 2018
But some helpful people on Twitter tried to break down the message.
Either Lupita has some actual chocolate cake or... pic.twitter.com/PD8ipjO1V6— CotySJ (@CotySJ1) February 20, 2018
But... it’s not singular. It’s plural cakes.— “Blick” Lives Matter (@AbbieHollowDays) February 20, 2018
Could be more than one cake, maybe she likes baking or something— CotySJ (@CotySJ1) February 20, 2018
Taking the suggestive reading of the tweet, tons of people were like, “Excuse me?”
And others were following right along to watch the drama unfold.
We all up in your conversation like pic.twitter.com/XoFHlnScrv— Carmen Ellington (@ReallySeeME) February 20, 2018
It wasn’t long before Nyong’o tweeted back at Jordan, telling him, “No dessert until you come correct.”
Twitter promptly freaked out all over again.
Others thought the wording of the tweet was a little too perfect—and perhaps indicated that Jordan and Nyong’o are just trolling in response to rumors that the co-stars have been looking cozy lately.
Is this what I think it is or is y'all trollin? pic.twitter.com/N5Sl4Ifwjo— G (@gvlben) February 20, 2018
But as it turns out, Jordan’s “cakes” tweet was just another game. In a follow-up tweet, he said he was playing on SafeWord, an MTV show that pits celebrity friends against each other with a series of social media dares.
According to Twitter, that wasn’t all he was playing.
And game or no game—there are still some unanswered questions.
Don’t change the subject. What you mean “chocolate cakes”? pic.twitter.com/40ERGJIzZT— Danaé Latrice (@DanaeLatrice) February 20, 2018
We’ll be waiting!
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.