- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
Melissa McCarthy’s impression of Sean Spicer on ‘SNL’ will make you laugh until you cry
Alec Baldwin has won rave reviews all season long for his portrayal of Donald Trump on Saturday Night Live, and deservedly so. He was at it again in SNL’s cold open on Saturday putting out a solid performance.
But if you ever wondered which Hollywood actor and/or actress would be best suited to play Press Secretary Sean Spicer, SNL has a most excellent answer for that.
Try Melissa McCarthy.
The Twitter reaction in the minutes after the sketch aired was proof to how well the impression went over.
Melissa McCarthy as Spicer is best SNL political bit since the Clarence Thomas hearing in 1991
— John Podhoretz (@jpodhoretz) February 5, 2017
Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer is the best thing SNL has done in its history.
— Philip Bump (@pbump) February 5, 2017
I’ve rewound the DVR to watch Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer again. It was that good.
— Ken Fang (@fangsbites) February 5, 2017
Think about it this way: In her monologue, host Kristen Stewart accidently dropped a “fuck” on live TV. And thanks to McCarthy, by the time you read this, hardly anybody will have remembered – or cared about – that flub.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.