- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
At long last, Friends star Matthew Perry joined Instagram this weekend. He’s the last core member from the record-setting 1990s sitcom to jump on the social media platform.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Matthew Perry (@mattyperry4) on
“This is how thrilled I am to finally be on Instagram,” he wrote, accompanying the sentiment with a GIF of his Friends character Chandler Bing dancing. “So, here we go…”
Perry has jumped in with a splash, accumulating 4.4 million follows in a single day, per his representatives who likely want to capitalize on the new engagement. He’s now up to nearly 7 million followers. Jennifer Aniston’s Instagram debut set a Guinness World Record back in October as the quickest account to a million followers.
Perry’s entry continues the momentum for the approaching 25th-anniversary celebration of the Friends series. Pop-up stores and various exhibits will likely add more viewers for the release of the show’s episode archives—set to launch with the streaming platform, HBO Max. HBO Max reportedly paid $425 million for the rights to stream the series for five years starting in 2020, in what is essentially a cash transaction within WarnerMedia as it owns HBO and its entities.
Perry—with fellow stars Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, David Schwimmer, Matt LeBlanc—has reportedly reached an agreement in principle with Warner Bros. TV, who produced the show, to do an hour-long special.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.