- Military apologizes for threatening to bomb Area 51 raiders 2 Years Ago
- 15 Halloween costumes for pet owners with absolutely no chill 2 Years Ago
- People are celebrating #BiVisibilityDay with art and selfies 2 Years Ago
- Six U.S. cities among the world’s most surveilled places 2 Years Ago
- Facebook page faces backlash for selling ‘Christian yoga certification’ Today 2:03 PM
- A million-mile Tesla battery may be around the corner Today 1:29 PM
- Our 5 favorite AirPod charging cases at every price point Today 1:10 PM
- Amazon Prime almost completely swept the Emmys’ comedy section Today 12:31 PM
- People are outraged that a 6-year-old was arrested for a temper tantrum Today 12:26 PM
- A tropical storm named Karen is sparking jokes about calling the manager Today 12:18 PM
- Patriotic Facebook page reaching millions of Americans is run by Ukrainians Today 12:11 PM
- Review: ‘Color Out of Space’ and the cosmic horror of an uninvited guest Today 11:58 AM
- Snap’s ‘Project Voldemort’ dossier details Facebook’s bullying tactics Today 11:42 AM
- Conservatives compare teen activist Greta Thunberg to Nazi poster girl Today 11:17 AM
- Trump’s immigration czar is upset climate activists are calling out capitalism Today 10:47 AM
Former hedge fund manager Martin Shkreli is widely despised on social media. In the real world, people don’t much like him either.
Shkreli was convicted of fraud this month.
On Wednesday Harper’s released transcript of the jury selection process, showing how difficult of a time the court had finding someone who doesn’t hate Shkreli. He’s mostly loathed for infamously raising the price of a potentially lifesaving HIV drug by 5,000 percent back in 2015.
While some jurors cited medical reasons for being biased against Shkreli, others were upset with him for doing things like disrespecting Wu-Tang. He reportedly purchased the sole copy of the rap group’s secret, high-end album, Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, and then flirted with leaking it online. His plans for a listening party in New York City were shut down by the venue, Webster Hall, in February.
Juror No. 144 also just thinks Shkreli “kind of looks like a dick.”
Shkreli is facing 45 years in prison. In January he was pelted in the face with dog poop by an angry protester.
Sarah Jasmine Montgomery is a Daily Dot contributor whose writing and criticism cover all things pop culture, with an emphasis on how communities of color impact physical and digital cultural spaces. Her writing and photography have also appeared in Texas Monthly, the Fader, Complex, and Billboard.