- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ 2 Years Ago
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Today 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
Former hedge fund manager Martin Shkreli is widely despised on social media. In the real world, people don’t much like him either.
Shkreli was convicted of fraud this month.
On Wednesday Harper’s released transcript of the jury selection process, showing how difficult of a time the court had finding someone who doesn’t hate Shkreli. He’s mostly loathed for infamously raising the price of a potentially lifesaving HIV drug by 5,000 percent back in 2015.
While some jurors cited medical reasons for being biased against Shkreli, others were upset with him for doing things like disrespecting Wu-Tang. He reportedly purchased the sole copy of the rap group’s secret, high-end album, Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, and then flirted with leaking it online. His plans for a listening party in New York City were shut down by the venue, Webster Hall, in February.
Juror No. 144 also just thinks Shkreli “kind of looks like a dick.”
Shkreli is facing 45 years in prison. In January he was pelted in the face with dog poop by an angry protester.
Sarah Jasmine Montgomery is a Daily Dot contributor whose writing and criticism cover all things pop culture, with an emphasis on how communities of color impact physical and digital cultural spaces. Her writing and photography have also appeared in Texas Monthly, the Fader, Complex, and Billboard.