- Laura Ingraham mocks Rep. Ilhan Omar’s accent in audio clip Sunday 5:46 PM
- #ExposeChristianSchools goes viral after Karen Pence and Covington Catholic School uproars Sunday 4:37 PM
- People have started laundering money on Fortnite Sunday 3:03 PM
- Cardi B claps back at Tomi Lahren’s sarcastic tweet Sunday 1:25 PM
- Twitter may have exposed Android users’ private tweets Sunday 12:13 PM
- Leave Me Alurn is the ‘SNL’ product we wish existed in real life Sunday 10:06 AM
- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Sunday 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Sunday 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Sunday 1:00 AM
Dismissed juror in Martin Shkreli trial: ‘He disrespected the Wu-Tang Clan’
Former hedge fund manager Martin Shkreli is widely despised on social media. In the real world, people don’t much like him either.
Shkreli was convicted of fraud this month.
On Wednesday Harper’s released transcript of the jury selection process, showing how difficult of a time the court had finding someone who doesn’t hate Shkreli. He’s mostly loathed for infamously raising the price of a potentially lifesaving HIV drug by 5,000 percent back in 2015.
While some jurors cited medical reasons for being biased against Shkreli, others were upset with him for doing things like disrespecting Wu-Tang. He reportedly purchased the sole copy of the rap group’s secret, high-end album, Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, and then flirted with leaking it online. His plans for a listening party in New York City were shut down by the venue, Webster Hall, in February.
Juror No. 144 also just thinks Shkreli “kind of looks like a dick.”
Shkreli is facing 45 years in prison. In January he was pelted in the face with dog poop by an angry protester.
Sarah Jasmine Montgomery is a Daily Dot contributor whose writing and criticism cover all things pop culture, with an emphasis on how communities of color impact physical and digital cultural spaces. Her writing and photography have also appeared in Texas Monthly, the Fader, Complex, and Billboard.