- Trump gets banned from SeekingArrangement because he’s not a ‘real sugar daddy’ 4 Weeks Ago
- InfoWars accidentally sent child porn to lawyers representing Sandy Hook parents 4 Weeks Ago
- Sticker warns men changing diapers about ‘feminization of the American male’ 4 Weeks Ago
- The genius way Genius caught Google allegedly stealing lyrics Today 3:03 PM
- This bubble tea challenge is a balancing act Today 2:15 PM
- Laura Dern gifts the internet with more ‘Big Little Lies’ memes Today 1:54 PM
- The Stonks meme is back—and it’s weirder than ever Today 1:27 PM
- Video shows officer threatening to shoot pregnant Black woman in front of her children Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Leila’ tells a familiar dystopian horror story Today 12:37 PM
- O.J. Simpson says in Twitter video that he never slept with Kris Jenner Today 12:06 PM
- GOP commissioner jokes on Facebook about running over Trump protesters Today 11:52 AM
- 2 trans women killed within 3 months in the same neighborhood Today 11:35 AM
- DNC tries to pander with tone-deaf Beyoncé meme, fails miserably Today 10:45 AM
- Parkland grad says Harvard rescinded offer after racist comments surfaced Today 10:10 AM
- ‘The Edge of Democracy’ chronicles the downfall of Brazil’s political leaders Today 9:42 AM
Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian
‘Kim being a real Karen today.’
Kim Kardashian West wrote a mysterious tweet calling out Jack in the Box on Monday. Fans want to know what went down between the celebrity and fast food chain for Kardashian to go into full “let me speak to your manager” mode.
“Hey, Jack In The Box I have a serious complaint but I won’t fully put you on blast, check your corporate email inbox or send me a DM with direct person for my team to contact. Pronto!” Kardashian tweeted.
Hey, Jack In The Box I have a serious complaint but I won’t fully put you on blast, check your corporate email inbox or send me a DM with direct person for my team to contact. Pronto!
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) May 20, 2019
Many are pointing out the power Kardashian has, as she didn’t even have to tag the company to receive a response.
“Hi Kim, we are unable to DM you. Please send us a DM with how we can get in touch with your team & someone will reach out immediately,” the official Jack in the Box Twitter account said in response.
Hi Kim, we are unable to DM you. Please send us a DM with how we can get in touch with your team & someone will reach out immediately.
— Jack Box (@JackBox) May 20, 2019
After much speculation about why Kardashian was upset, she wrote another post to clarify.
“I would like to add that this is not about me or a wrong order,” she explained. “Nobody recognized me and it’s something that I observed that affected other customers at this particular location that was concerning.”
I would like to add that this is not about me or a wrong order. Nobody recognized me and it’s something that I observed that affected other customers at this particular location that was concerning.
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) May 20, 2019
KIM SAID NOBODY AT JACK IN THE BOX RECOGNIZED HER 💀💀💀💀 pic.twitter.com/h8xvB2XQOo
— nya threatt🧚🏾♀️ (@nyaaathreatt) May 20, 2019
the jack in the box social media manager signing on for their shift pic.twitter.com/2DMlWv1P2K
— Cole Delbyck (@coledelbyck) May 20, 2019
Jack in the Box trying to find out what Kim Kardashian sent them in the DM. pic.twitter.com/bA7rli39iB
— Cameron Grant (@coolcam101) May 20, 2019
— Kendall Rae💫 (@KendallRaeOnYT) May 20, 2019
Me when Jack in the Box only gives me 3 hot sauce packets for the 10 tacos I ordered. https://t.co/C7wgRI4knt
— Liz Nuncio (@LizNuncio) May 20, 2019
I'm sorry but you expected 5 star, Michelin Star service at Jack in the Box?? pic.twitter.com/SO5b2oyaL6
— Century (@CenturyDeath) May 20, 2019
Jack In The Box management: pic.twitter.com/b4j3P9iooX
— Damian (@iDamian23) May 20, 2019
BIGGEST “Can I speak to the manager” FLEX EVER LMAOOOOO
— Tony 🥳 (@CEDILLOMUSIC1) May 20, 2019
Kim being a real Karen today
— Kari (@karilynndeg) May 20, 2019
ya'll are soft… @Wendys would have straight told her the manager was off today… call back tomorrow!
— Danny Capone (@CaponeKnows) May 20, 2019
The "let me speak to your manager" heard around the world pic.twitter.com/ZkECYPx1Bn
— eBaum's World (@ebaumsworld) May 20, 2019
Some, like amateur MMA fighter Tony Posnanski, said Kardashian’s tweet was “entitled” or “pretentious.”
Kim Kardashian of all people pissed me off today.
I’m sick of fucking entitled famous rich people who think the world owes them something.
If you have a fucking problem with Jack In The Box, email them or call the manager like a normal person.
Don’t embarrass online.
— Tony Posnanski (@tonyposnanski) May 20, 2019
Everyone’s making jokes about Kim Kardashian’s tweet to Jack In The Box but honestly it sounds pretentious and privileged AF. “DM me with a person to talk to pronto”??
I almost wish they’d have tweeted back, “Bitch no, we’re busy.” pic.twitter.com/gluGpS4US9
— The Speaker (@SheraeSpeaks_) May 20, 2019
Other food brands, like Burger King, Hooters, Steak-umm, and Wendy’s, also joined in the discussion.
Not a good day to be Jack
— Hooters (@Hooters) May 20, 2019
kim why are you going to jack in the box lol
— Steak-umm (@steak_umm) May 20, 2019
but like, who even goes there?
— Wendy's (@Wendys) May 20, 2019
The Daily Dot has reached out to Jack in the Box.
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.