- Was Bloomberg owned harder on the debate stage or by Twitter? 9 Months Ago
- Make ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ your desert island game 9 Months Ago
- Everyone’s trying to dance like Jennifer Lopez on TikTok Today 8:27 AM
- Why the coronavirus bioweapon theory persists Today 7:57 AM
- You won’t see deleted scenes on the ‘Rise of Skywalker’ home release Today 7:47 AM
- The return of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ throws you right back into the fight Today 7:00 AM
- Am I overreacting to a Facebook message from a dating app match? Today 6:00 AM
- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
Kim Kardashian West wrote a mysterious tweet calling out Jack in the Box on Monday. Fans want to know what went down between the celebrity and fast food chain for Kardashian to go into full “let me speak to your manager” mode.
“Hey, Jack In The Box I have a serious complaint but I won’t fully put you on blast, check your corporate email inbox or send me a DM with direct person for my team to contact. Pronto!” Kardashian tweeted.
Hey, Jack In The Box I have a serious complaint but I won’t fully put you on blast, check your corporate email inbox or send me a DM with direct person for my team to contact. Pronto!— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) May 20, 2019
Many are pointing out the power Kardashian has, as she didn’t even have to tag the company to receive a response.
“Hi Kim, we are unable to DM you. Please send us a DM with how we can get in touch with your team & someone will reach out immediately,” the official Jack in the Box Twitter account said in response.
Hi Kim, we are unable to DM you. Please send us a DM with how we can get in touch with your team & someone will reach out immediately.— Jack Box (@JackBox) May 20, 2019
After much speculation about why Kardashian was upset, she wrote another post to clarify.
“I would like to add that this is not about me or a wrong order,” she explained. “Nobody recognized me and it’s something that I observed that affected other customers at this particular location that was concerning.”
I would like to add that this is not about me or a wrong order. Nobody recognized me and it’s something that I observed that affected other customers at this particular location that was concerning.— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) May 20, 2019
the jack in the box social media manager signing on for their shift pic.twitter.com/2DMlWv1P2K— Cole Delbyck (@coledelbyck) May 20, 2019
Jack in the Box trying to find out what Kim Kardashian sent them in the DM. pic.twitter.com/bA7rli39iB— Cameron Grant (@coolcam101) May 20, 2019
Me when Jack in the Box only gives me 3 hot sauce packets for the 10 tacos I ordered. https://t.co/C7wgRI4knt— Liz Nuncio (@LizNuncio) May 20, 2019
I'm sorry but you expected 5 star, Michelin Star service at Jack in the Box?? pic.twitter.com/SO5b2oyaL6— Century (@CenturyDeath) May 20, 2019
Jack In The Box management: pic.twitter.com/b4j3P9iooX— Damian (@iDamian23) May 20, 2019
BIGGEST “Can I speak to the manager” FLEX EVER LMAOOOOO— Tony ♎️ (@CEDILLOX) May 20, 2019
Kim being a real Karen today— Kari (@karilynndeg) May 20, 2019
ya'll are soft... @Wendys would have straight told her the manager was off today... call back tomorrow!— Danny Capone (@CaponeKnows) May 20, 2019
The "let me speak to your manager" heard around the world pic.twitter.com/ZkECYPx1Bn— eBaum's World (@ebaumsworld) May 20, 2019
Some, like amateur MMA fighter Tony Posnanski, said Kardashian’s tweet was “entitled” or “pretentious.”
Kim Kardashian of all people pissed me off today.— Tony Posnanski (@tonyposnanski) May 20, 2019
I’m sick of fucking entitled famous rich people who think the world owes them something.
If you have a fucking problem with Jack In The Box, email them or call the manager like a normal person.
Don’t embarrass online.
Everyone’s making jokes about Kim Kardashian’s tweet to Jack In The Box but honestly it sounds pretentious and privileged AF. “DM me with a person to talk to pronto”??— The Speaker (@SheraeSpeaks_) May 20, 2019
I almost wish they’d have tweeted back, “Bitch no, we’re busy.” pic.twitter.com/gluGpS4US9
Other food brands, like Burger King, Hooters, Steak-umm, and Wendy’s, also joined in the discussion.
Not a good day to be Jack— Hooters (@Hooters) May 20, 2019
kim why are you going to jack in the box lol— Steak-umm (@steak_umm) May 20, 2019
but like, who even goes there?— Wendy's (@Wendys) May 20, 2019
The Daily Dot has reached out to Jack in the Box.
Eilish O’Sullivan is the news wire editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.