- ‘Squash the boss’: Labor union seemingly unknowingly posted furry fetish art Tuesday 8:04 PM
- TikTok user pretending to be lab technician who has contracted coronavirus Tuesday 7:08 PM
- Caroline Calloway says she plans to campaign for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Justin Bieber, Snoop Dogg, millions of others sign petition to make Kobe Bryant new NBA logo Tuesday 5:39 PM
- No, Lana Del Rey did not cry because Billie Eilish won album of the year Tuesday 4:48 PM
- People are exposing their eyeballs to phone flash for this TikTok challenge Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Watch Mike Bloomberg try to shake a dog’s mouth Tuesday 3:41 PM
- ‘Rey who?’ is the funniest meme to emerge from ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Tuesday 3:30 PM
- AI beat the CDC to the punch on coronavirus warnings Tuesday 3:21 PM
- What exactly is a ‘large boulder the size of a small boulder’? Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Mom of ‘Success Kid’ says Steve King can’t use her son’s meme for ‘repulsive’ campaign Tuesday 2:00 PM
- Jake Paul can’t escape Logan Paul’s shadow—even if that loyalty has hurt his career Tuesday 1:13 PM
- Kobe Bryant’s Oscar-winning ‘Dear Basketball’ is now available to stream for free (updated) Tuesday 12:21 PM
- ‘Joker’ ad compares Todd Phillips to Gandhi Tuesday 12:10 PM
- Mom learned about her special needs son’s abuse by seeing TikTok video Tuesday 11:21 AM
It’s been nearly two weeks since Justin Timberlake and co-star Alisha Wainwright were photographed together.
The photos, which show the two Palmer actors holding hands, emerged on Nov. 23. The pictures and a brief video immediately sparked rumors of an affair, which both Timberlake and Wainwright deny. Now, nearly half a month after the photos and rumors first arose, Timberlake is publicly addressing the situation.
The 38-year-old actor and musician took to Instagram late Wednesday. While he continues to deny that the photos were more than a momentary “lapse,” he still took the time to apologize to his wife, Jessica Biel, and his family. “I stay away from gossip as much as I can, but for my family I feel it is important to address recent rumors that are hurting the people I love,” Timberlake wrote on Instagram. The post already has more than a million likes.
“A few weeks ago I displayed a strong lapse in judgement – but let me be clear – nothing happened between myself and my costar,” Timberlake wrote in the uncaptioned Instagram statement. “I drank way too much that night and I regret my behavior. I should have known better. This is not the example I want to set for my son. I apologize to my amazing wife and family for putting them through such an embarrassing situation, and I am focused on being the best husband and father I can be. This was not that. I am incredibly proud to be working on Palmer. Looking forward to continuing to make this movie and excited for people to see it.”
Timberlake’s Instagram aims to clear the air and dispell any lingering misgivings over the situation. Unfortunately, many of the people in the comments don’t appear to take Timberlake at his word.
“Actions speak louder than words,” one commenter challenged.
A representative for Wainwright denied any rumors of an affair when the photos first emerged. “There is no validity to this speculation,” the representative told People. “They are currently working on a project together. Members of the cast and crew were all together. It’s a balcony with a group of people and it was definitely nothing happening.”
- Take the music out of ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling’ and you’ll still dance, dance, dance
- *NSYNC to get Hollywood Walk of Fame star on ‘It’s Gonna Be May’ day
- Justin Timberlake’s Super Bowl halftime show never had a chance
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.