- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- “Party, Party, Party” TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
Mark your calendars: April 30’s signature meme is about to get even bigger.
For the past few years, the internet has been celebrating the last day of April with a certain image of Justin Timberlake from NSYNC’s “It’s Gonna Be Me” video. The reason? With his subtle southern accent, it sort of sounds like he’s singing “It’s gonna be May” instead. And since people post it the day before May 1… you get the gist.
Last year, Timberlake got in on the action himself with a tweet, but this year the unofficial holiday will take on a whole new meaning. The band is about to get its own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and since the members got to schedule the ceremony themselves, it looks like Joey Fatone and Lance Bass spearheaded the decision to celebrate their meme while they were at it.
How fitting this ceremony will take place on Its Gonna Be May Day! See y’all there! *NSYNC to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame https://t.co/92lgOb16L7— Lance Bass (@LanceBass) March 20, 2018
NSYNC fans, as you can imagine, are thrilled at the acknowledgment from the former teen heartthrobs:
NSYNC is getting a star on the walk of fame. On April 30th... or “It’s Gonna Be May Day” as Lance called it. pic.twitter.com/LgCaEr4b6k— ashley tellez⿲ (@yelhsaparamore) March 21, 2018
This is really awesome that the ceremony will be on April 30th! Congratulations! Can’t wait to see you guys get that star that you all so very well deserve. pic.twitter.com/EhjgsOJlGv— Briana Resendez (@resendez_briana) March 20, 2018
Now they just need to wear their marionette outfits and we’ll have come full-circle.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.