- Chrissy Teigen calls out fan who made weird comment about her daughter’s feet 2 Years Ago
- TikTok’s ‘clean queen’ says videos are helping her figure out ‘adulting’ 2 Years Ago
- Clearview clients include ICE, Macy’s, Best Buy, leaked data reveals 2 Years Ago
- Women are clamoring to get their photos on a Twitter feed of ‘hot mugshots’ 2 Years Ago
- ‘Love Is Blind’ finale: Somehow, real love emerged from this dystopian setting Today 3:57 PM
- Creator of ‘Say So’ TikTok dance appears in Doja Cat music video Today 3:51 PM
- Is TikTok’s algorithm actually pretty racist? Today 3:45 PM
- Fans freaking out over ‘Say My Name’ horror remix featured in Jordan Peele’s ‘Candyman’ Today 3:33 PM
- CDC graphic warns most facial hair isn’t compatible with coronavirus protection measures Today 1:31 PM
- Tutoring website refuses to take down ad sexualizing Asian women Today 1:24 PM
- MSNBC pundit loses air time after saying Sanders staffers are ‘island of misfit Black girls’ Today 12:36 PM
- Court says YouTube isn’t subject to First Amendment scrutiny Today 11:06 AM
- Russian models are Instagramming life in Wuhan Today 11:00 AM
- Hilary Duff suggests ‘Lizzie McGuire’ revival was halted over adult storylines Today 10:37 AM
- Arrest warrant issued for 8chan founder Today 10:22 AM
Actor-turned-artist Jim Carrey seems to grow more political—and his paintings more twisted—by the day.
Giuliani confirmed he was joining the squad on Thursday and said he plans to focus on working with special counsel Robert Mueller in his Russia probe to help bring everything to a conclusion. Judging by Carrey’s painting of ‘Ghouliani,’ the actor doesn’t approve of the announcement.
Ghouliani: Finally, a face we can trust! 8^¥ pic.twitter.com/IU1IG8sf0T— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) April 20, 2018
Carrey’s paintings in recent weeks appear to primarily focus on politics, whereas they used to focus on more abstract ideas. In the just the past week, Carrey’s art has made comments about John Bolton and Syria, Sean Hannity, and Michael Cohen.
“Bombing Syria should interrupt the news cycle for a day or two, Mr. President. Moscow has agreed to act like they’re upset. We’ll call it: OPERATION DESERT STORMY DANIELS.” pic.twitter.com/fckMwetIes— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) April 14, 2018
Is there a short bus to take "all the best people" to prison? ;^P pic.twitter.com/ooHaGvZqFZ— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) April 18, 2018
Auto-moronic ASSphyxiation. ;^P pic.twitter.com/VA6mmkjtk0— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) April 19, 2018
He’s also shared some pretty dark portrayals of Trump.
Dear Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery @NPG, I know it’s early but I’d like to submit this as the official portrait of our 45th President, Donald J. Trump. It’s called, 'You Scream. I Scream. Will We Ever Stop Screaming?' pic.twitter.com/LrCmlXXpv7— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) March 29, 2018
Did anyone watch 60 minutes last night? Hell of a piece about a poor kid from Greece named Giannis Antetokounmpo who’s making it big in the NBA. America still has some magic. Pity you have to wade through so much cultural sewage to find it. ;^} pic.twitter.com/H4BTPcw8bu— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) March 27, 2018
Fifty Shades of Decay pic.twitter.com/aurfm22ru6— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) March 23, 2018
In March, folks on Twitter criticized Carrey for a painting he made of press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, in which he mocked her for being a “so-called Christian whose only purpose in life is to lie for the wicked.”
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.