- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Donald Trump posted a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 152 for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- People keep calling the ‘Game of Thrones’ creators by their initials—and it’s confusing D&D players Saturday 8:00 AM
- After infidelity and abuse accusations, ProJared said his wife wanted an open marriage Saturday 7:40 AM
- ‘Jailbirds’ prioritizes petty drama over insight Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to live stream Josh Taylor vs. Ivan Baranchyk on DAZN Saturday 6:00 AM
- Kim Kardashian West reveals her and Kanye’s 4th child is named Psalm Friday 6:38 PM
- Tan France and Alexa Chung are hosting Netflix’s first fashion show Friday 5:42 PM
- Nonprofit groups express concern with pop-up abortion networks Friday 5:06 PM
- Pet owners mourn Grumpy Cat with photos of their own grumpy pets Friday 4:41 PM
Jim Carrey has painted Donald Trump’s ‘official portrait’
Jim Carrey has been working his way through portraits of Donald Trump’s White House staff, as well as other powerful people who’ve come under controversy, and though he’s painted variations of Trump in the last few months, his latest portrait is a bit different in tone.
Carrey posted the painting to Twitter on Thursday, and it depicts Trump screaming in what appears to be a blue robe, while apparently touching his nipple and eating two scoops of chocolate ice cream. It’s a lot to take in, but Carrey thinks it should be hanging in the Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery.
Dear Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery @NPG, I know it’s early but I’d like to submit this as the official portrait of our 45th President, Donald J. Trump. It’s called, 'You Scream. I Scream. Will We Ever Stop Screaming?' pic.twitter.com/LrCmlXXpv7
— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) March 29, 2018
Carrey’s mentions are filled with people who claim they used to be fans but are not anymore, ostensibly because of the Trump focus, as well as people who are critiquing the size of Trump’s hands. Earlier this week, Carrey painted what looks like Trump’s sons being gored by an elephant, but he ended the week with something a little more introspective.
— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) March 28, 2018
My soul is not contained within the limits of my body. My body is contained within the limitlessness of my soul. pic.twitter.com/6mvatrfpSo
— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) March 30, 2018
Trump has not yet responded on Twitter.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.