- Gavin McInnes is out at Blaze Media Sunday 7:07 PM
- Anthony Scaramucci praised QAnon during American Priorities conference Sunday 5:44 PM
- Report: FBI investigating fake net neutrality comments Sunday 4:36 PM
- The first professional U.S. transgender boxer just won his first fight Sunday 2:18 PM
- Twitch streamer apparently hits partner on video Sunday 1:45 PM
- There’s now rehab for Fortnite addiction Sunday 12:07 PM
- How to watch América vs. Pumas online for free Sunday 11:25 AM
- ‘Target Tammy’ is the latest white woman to complain about Black people minding their own business Sunday 11:08 AM
- Jason Momoa reprises ‘Game of Thrones’ character on ‘SNL’ Sunday 10:06 AM
- How to watch the epic Copa Libertadores final online for free Sunday 9:35 AM
- The top fandoms of 2018 Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Huesca online for free Sunday 6:40 AM
- What is Sling TV? Sunday 6:15 AM
- A year of apologizing to the internet Sunday 6:15 AM
- How to stream NFL’s Week 14 games for free Sunday 6:00 AM
Jim Carrey has painted Donald Trump’s ‘official portrait’
Jim Carrey has been working his way through portraits of Donald Trump’s White House staff, as well as other powerful people who’ve come under controversy, and though he’s painted variations of Trump in the last few months, his latest portrait is a bit different in tone.
Carrey posted the painting to Twitter on Thursday, and it depicts Trump screaming in what appears to be a blue robe, while apparently touching his nipple and eating two scoops of chocolate ice cream. It’s a lot to take in, but Carrey thinks it should be hanging in the Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery.
Dear Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery @NPG, I know it’s early but I’d like to submit this as the official portrait of our 45th President, Donald J. Trump. It’s called, 'You Scream. I Scream. Will We Ever Stop Screaming?' pic.twitter.com/LrCmlXXpv7
— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) March 29, 2018
Carrey’s mentions are filled with people who claim they used to be fans but are not anymore, ostensibly because of the Trump focus, as well as people who are critiquing the size of Trump’s hands. Earlier this week, Carrey painted what looks like Trump’s sons being gored by an elephant, but he ended the week with something a little more introspective.
— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) March 28, 2018
My soul is not contained within the limits of my body. My body is contained within the limitlessness of my soul. pic.twitter.com/6mvatrfpSo
— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) March 30, 2018
Trump has not yet responded on Twitter.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.