- Alinity Divine hasn’t been punished for throwing her cat—and people are livid Today 10:16 AM
- Gamer Krucial B passes away during Defend the North tournament Today 9:25 AM
- Brexit supporter Boris Johnson becomes prime minister—spawning lots of memes Today 9:16 AM
- Democrats want to ban use of facial recognition in public housing Today 8:29 AM
- In America’s meme war, the left and right are fighting different battles Today 8:10 AM
- Mahershala Ali’s ‘Blade’ movie won’t arrive until Phase 5 of the MCU Today 7:18 AM
- Natalie Portman isn’t playing ‘female Thor’—she’s ‘Mighty Thor’ Today 7:08 AM
- How to watch ‘Breaking Bad’ online Today 7:00 AM
- Controversial Instagram influencer plans event called ‘The Scam’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to clear your search history on Instagram Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the Leagues Cup competition between MLS and Liga MX Today 5:00 AM
- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
Jim Carrey has painted Donald Trump’s ‘official portrait’
Jim Carrey has been working his way through portraits of Donald Trump’s White House staff, as well as other powerful people who’ve come under controversy, and though he’s painted variations of Trump in the last few months, his latest portrait is a bit different in tone.
Carrey posted the painting to Twitter on Thursday, and it depicts Trump screaming in what appears to be a blue robe, while apparently touching his nipple and eating two scoops of chocolate ice cream. It’s a lot to take in, but Carrey thinks it should be hanging in the Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery.
Dear Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery @NPG, I know it’s early but I’d like to submit this as the official portrait of our 45th President, Donald J. Trump. It’s called, 'You Scream. I Scream. Will We Ever Stop Screaming?' pic.twitter.com/LrCmlXXpv7— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) March 29, 2018
Carrey’s mentions are filled with people who claim they used to be fans but are not anymore, ostensibly because of the Trump focus, as well as people who are critiquing the size of Trump’s hands. Earlier this week, Carrey painted what looks like Trump’s sons being gored by an elephant, but he ended the week with something a little more introspective.
My soul is not contained within the limits of my body. My body is contained within the limitlessness of my soul. pic.twitter.com/6mvatrfpSo— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) March 30, 2018
Trump has not yet responded on Twitter.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.