- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
Jim Carrey has been working his way through portraits of Donald Trump’s White House staff, as well as other powerful people who’ve come under controversy, and though he’s painted variations of Trump in the last few months, his latest portrait is a bit different in tone.
Carrey posted the painting to Twitter on Thursday, and it depicts Trump screaming in what appears to be a blue robe, while apparently touching his nipple and eating two scoops of chocolate ice cream. It’s a lot to take in, but Carrey thinks it should be hanging in the Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery.
Dear Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery @NPG, I know it’s early but I’d like to submit this as the official portrait of our 45th President, Donald J. Trump. It’s called, 'You Scream. I Scream. Will We Ever Stop Screaming?' pic.twitter.com/LrCmlXXpv7— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) March 29, 2018
Carrey’s mentions are filled with people who claim they used to be fans but are not anymore, ostensibly because of the Trump focus, as well as people who are critiquing the size of Trump’s hands. Earlier this week, Carrey painted what looks like Trump’s sons being gored by an elephant, but he ended the week with something a little more introspective.
My soul is not contained within the limits of my body. My body is contained within the limitlessness of my soul. pic.twitter.com/6mvatrfpSo— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) March 30, 2018
Trump has not yet responded on Twitter.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.