- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI 11 Months Ago
- Man fakes getting stood up at Outback Steakhouse 11 Months Ago
- FCC looks to tackle robocalls and spoofed texts 11 Months Ago
- How to protect yourself from the data breach that affected 744 million accounts Today 12:56 PM
- How to stream Rob Brant vs. Khasan Baysangurov online for free Today 12:21 PM
- No, Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t have her boyfriend on her payroll Today 12:20 PM
- Writers want this book canceled for misgendering its protagonist Today 12:15 PM
- Trump Jr’s meme about his dad’s border wall doesn’t get how Congress works Today 11:44 AM
- FBI reportedly looking into Ryan Adams’ communications with underage girl Today 11:25 AM
- Trump does Chinese accent, declares national emergency, bewilders the internet Today 11:21 AM
- Chrissy Teigen throws shade at Logan Paul-Kaitlin Bennett pairing Today 10:48 AM
- Trump says ‘I didn’t need to do this’ while declaring national emergency Today 10:48 AM
- Women sue border patrol for detaining them for speaking Spanish Today 10:20 AM
- Tana Mongeau’s switch to Twitch has not gone well Today 9:58 AM
- Trans YouTube streamer shot in leg by security guard (updated) Today 9:25 AM
Jim Carrey has painted Donald Trump’s ‘official portrait’
Jim Carrey has been working his way through portraits of Donald Trump’s White House staff, as well as other powerful people who’ve come under controversy, and though he’s painted variations of Trump in the last few months, his latest portrait is a bit different in tone.
Carrey posted the painting to Twitter on Thursday, and it depicts Trump screaming in what appears to be a blue robe, while apparently touching his nipple and eating two scoops of chocolate ice cream. It’s a lot to take in, but Carrey thinks it should be hanging in the Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery.
Dear Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery @NPG, I know it’s early but I’d like to submit this as the official portrait of our 45th President, Donald J. Trump. It’s called, 'You Scream. I Scream. Will We Ever Stop Screaming?' pic.twitter.com/LrCmlXXpv7
— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) March 29, 2018
Carrey’s mentions are filled with people who claim they used to be fans but are not anymore, ostensibly because of the Trump focus, as well as people who are critiquing the size of Trump’s hands. Earlier this week, Carrey painted what looks like Trump’s sons being gored by an elephant, but he ended the week with something a little more introspective.
— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) March 28, 2018
My soul is not contained within the limits of my body. My body is contained within the limitlessness of my soul. pic.twitter.com/6mvatrfpSo
— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) March 30, 2018
Trump has not yet responded on Twitter.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.