- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
- All four of 2020’s Marvel/DC movies are directed by women Thursday 11:57 AM
- Jeremy Corbyn Rickrolls everyone ahead of British election Thursday 10:18 AM
- Trisha Paytas denies accidentally exposing herself on TikTok Thursday 10:04 AM
- Report: Barr wants tech antitrust probe wrapped up in 2020 Thursday 9:59 AM
Jay Z and Beyoncé are on the run in a new tour teaser
Bey and Jay are the new Bonnie and Clyde.
Jay Z and Beyoncé just released the star-studded trailer for their summer tour, which is a thing musical power couples do now. It’s titled “Run,” and though we never know who Bey and Jay are on the run from, they manage to look flawless while robbing banks, shooting guns, and walking away from an explosion in slow motion.
It was directed by Melina Matsoukas, who also directed Bey’s “Pretty Hurts” video, as well as clips for Solange and Rihanna. Jake Gyllenhaal, Sean Penn, Don Cheadle, Blake Lively, Emmy Rossum, Guillermo Diaz, and Rashida and Kidada Jones guest star, and indulge some fairly cringe-worthy, context-less dialogue. In this fantasy world, Bey and Blake Lively are besties (Blake can’t stand to see her this way!), Jay Z and Sean Penn exchange bizarre barbecue metaphors in a strip club, and Don Cheadle is extra Cheadle-y.
It’s such an expansive (and, likely, expensive) trailer, one has to wonder if there will be follow-up teasers. Perhaps that elevator fight was really some sort of marketing stunt for this trailer, which is basically just one big advertisement for Bey-Z’s amazing relationship.
Uh, I mean…I love Beyoncé and this is a true work of art!
H/T Digg | Screengrab via JayZ’s Life + Times/YouTube
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.