- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Sunday 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Sunday 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Sunday 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Sunday 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
Jason Derulo releases new video on Tinder, is not actually on Tinder
Yes, this is the brave new world of Tinder synergy (Tindergy?). The company is attempting to engage younger users (blatant ageism, be damned!) beyond the hookup, but not too far: The “Talk Dirty” singer’s new video for “Want to Want Me” is basically about… a hookup. Derulo also does upside-down crunches in a doorway as a woman takes a bath.
Unfortunately, those looking to actually match with Derulo will be swiping in vain: He’s not actually on the service, even though he’s on the market. In an interview with Us Weekly, Derulo said he’d join if it wasn’t “so unpredictable.” He added: “I have my wingmen, my little cousins. They help me sift through the weirdos and find someone cool out of all the people I meet at clubs or events.”
Yes, instead of weed carriers, Derulo has Tinder swipers. Enjoy your Monday!
Screengrab via Jason Derulo/YouTube
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.