- Anti-Trump bros Ed and Brian Krassenstein get kicked off Twitter Thursday 8:07 PM
- Amazon is trying to solve pushback on facial recognition software with a web form Thursday 6:56 PM
- T.I. says Nipsey Hussle’s death was ‘like losing Iron Man’ Thursday 6:32 PM
- Facebook banned billions of fake accounts in the first 3 months of this year Thursday 5:49 PM
- Twitch streamer gets banned for drunkenly passing out during broadcast Thursday 5:00 PM
- WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange indicted under Espionage Act Thursday 4:39 PM
- These doctored videos want to make you think Nancy Pelosi is always drunk Thursday 4:02 PM
- A robot could soon be delivering your packages from a self-driving car Thursday 3:29 PM
- Bipartisan anti-robocall bill overwhelmingly passes Senate Thursday 2:40 PM
- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image Thursday 1:57 PM
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy Thursday 1:55 PM
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong Thursday 1:45 PM
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Thursday 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Thursday 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Thursday 11:43 AM
Jason Derulo releases new video on Tinder, is not actually on Tinder
Yes, this is the brave new world of Tinder synergy (Tindergy?). The company is attempting to engage younger users (blatant ageism, be damned!) beyond the hookup, but not too far: The “Talk Dirty” singer’s new video for “Want to Want Me” is basically about… a hookup. Derulo also does upside-down crunches in a doorway as a woman takes a bath.
Unfortunately, those looking to actually match with Derulo will be swiping in vain: He’s not actually on the service, even though he’s on the market. In an interview with Us Weekly, Derulo said he’d join if it wasn’t “so unpredictable.” He added: “I have my wingmen, my little cousins. They help me sift through the weirdos and find someone cool out of all the people I meet at clubs or events.”
Yes, instead of weed carriers, Derulo has Tinder swipers. Enjoy your Monday!
Screengrab via Jason Derulo/YouTube
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.