- Someone set up a Spider-Man memorial outside D23 Expo 2 Years Ago
- A$AP Rocky just isn’t texting Trump back Today 1:24 PM
- Hong Kong protesters knock down alleged ‘facial recognition tower’ Today 12:35 PM
- PewDiePie becomes the first YouTuber to hit 100 million subscribers Today 11:35 AM
- ‘Breaking Bad’ movie will show us what happened to Jesse Pinkman Today 9:39 AM
- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Today 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
James Corden delivers heartfelt message to the people of Manchester
‘It shocks me every time we hear this sort of news that attacks like this can happen.’
News of Monday night’s Manchester attack started coming out as Corden—who’s originally from the U.K.—taped Monday night’s episode, so he took to his desk afterwards to address it. He didn’t know much except that there had been multiple fatalities and injuries, and he started choking up as he mentioned the many young people who had been in attendance.
“It shocks me every time we hear this sort of news that attacks like this can happen, but especially when there will be so many children at this concert tonight,” Corden said.
He offered his thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by the attack, and he paid tribute to Manchester, a city that people have almost certainly heard of, even if they’ve never been there. It’s full of success stories and cultural touchstones, but he acknowledged that for all that we know, there’s something much bigger that makes the city so special.
“But when I think of Manchester, the place that I know, I think of the spirit of the people there,” Corden said. “And I’m telling you a more tight-knit community you will be hard-pressed to find: strong, proud, caring people with community as its core. And if it was even possible, the spirit of the people of Manchester will grow even stronger this evening.”
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.