- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
The trash-talking is at a fever pitch.
Since his victory last summer, Paul has been itching for a fight. Earlier this month, he got into a verbal confrontation with Soulja Boy and offered $20 million to make that physical fight happen, saying “There’s just a lot of controversy around him. I think people would love to see him get knocked out. I’m sure people want to see me get knocked out, so I think that’s why it’d be a big fight.”
But in an Instagram story posted on Wednesday, Paul said he wanted nothing more than a fight vs. KSI—who battled Jake Paul’s older brother Logan to a draw last August.
— CryptoValue.co.uk (@CryptovalueUK) February 21, 2019
KSI and Logan Paul are supposedly contracted to have a rematch, but there is no firm date or venue for that battle. KSI said recently he won’t fight Logan Paul until November, saying “It’s not happening in February. I’m OK with that. I’ve got my own shit going on.”
Meanwhile, Logan Paul has been trash-talking his former and potentially future opponent, warning he’ll replace KSI with somebody else if they can’t reach a deal.
“I felt about a month ago [KSI’s] team seemed sort’ve uninterested in pursuing the conversation about the fight and actually making progress to make it happen,” Paul said, via Metro. “I was unsure if he was going to still do it because guys, I’m still training, and by the way I’m not training for no reason, not to stay in shape.”
With KSI apparently planning a music tour, Logan Paul said, “Seriously though, fuck you, because here’s why. You either a) aren’t going to have time to train or b) have no interest in actually fighting me again. You already broke the contract, I’m just saying, who’s the fucking pussy bro?”
KSI hasn’t responded to Jake or Logan Paul, though earlier this month, he remembered on Instagram his YouTube boxing match victory vs. Joe Weller a year earlier. He wrote, “On this day, history was made. February the 3rd, 2018, the highest viewed white collar boxing fight ever. And ya boy came out victorious. I’m ready for the next challenge whenever it comes. #HeNeedsToThrowAPunch #AndStill”
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.