- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
- What is incel ‘Chadfishing’? Tuesday 6:36 PM
- Facebook to give France data on users suspected of hate speech Tuesday 5:29 PM
- This 89-year-old man is stunned by all the technology around him—in 1930 Tuesday 5:21 PM
- Wayfair refuses to stop furnishing migrant detention centers Tuesday 4:48 PM
- Woah! How did Keanu Reeves get so small? Tuesday 4:37 PM
- The centrist argument against Sanders’ student loan plan is getting ripped apart Tuesday 4:08 PM
- Jonathan Frakes confirms that you’re right in yet another meme Tuesday 3:56 PM
- Meryl Streep, Ariana Grande set to star in Netflix’s ‘The Prom’ Tuesday 3:35 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ Season 3 goodies are here just in time Tuesday 3:01 PM
- Kim Kardashian’s shapewear line Kimono is already getting called out Tuesday 2:11 PM
- ‘Aggretsuko’ tones down the rage in season 2 Tuesday 1:13 PM
- TikTok is being used to call out predators Tuesday 12:41 PM
- Republican congressman wants to defund PBS over the gay rat wedding Tuesday 12:39 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls for sweeping overhaul of U.S. elections Tuesday 11:47 AM
Jake Paul says he’ll throw down $20 million to fight Soulja Boy
Jake Paul on Wednesday doubled down on challenging Soulja Boy to a boxing match. The vlogger says he would throw down $20 million, matching the amount the “Crank That” rapper said he would put on the fight.
Paul told TMZ that he’s “pretty serious” about fighting Soulja Boy—and just waiting for a call from the rapper’s manager. Last week, the celebrities gassed themselves up about a fight in a chat over Instagram Live, with Soulja Boy saying he’d bet $20 million since he has a record deal with Warner/Chappell Music in the works.
On Wednesday, Paul suggested that Soulja Boy is “all talk” and doubted he would have the cash to front. But the YouTube star is still in it for the business potential.
“There’s just a lot of controversy around him. I think people would love to see him get knocked out,” Paul said. “I’m sure people want to see me get knocked out, so I think that’s why it’d be a big fight.”
Paul, of course, was the first to suggest a fight with the rapper. “I wanna box @souljaboy,” Paul tweeted last week, to which Soulja Boy replied, “Boy I’ll knock you out.”
Boy I’ll knock you out https://t.co/67S2zlEbNW
— Big Drako (@souljaboy) February 2, 2019
Then, in the Instagram Live chat, Soulja Boy said he would beat the vlogger “on sight.”
Paul seems cool with that. He’s ready, he says, “as soon as [Soulja Boy] gives me his manager’s number to sign a contract.”
- The most-viewed YouTube videos of all time
- The 25 most-subscribed-to YouTube channels
- The best documentaries on YouTube
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.