- Firearm companies can’t advertise guns on Instagram—but influencers can 4 Years Ago
- Roy Moore is running for Senate again, despite… you know Today 3:34 PM
- 72 officers removed from patrol over ‘offensive’ Facebook posts Today 3:32 PM
- Cuba Gooding Jr. turned himself in to the police—and it’s a meme now Today 3:26 PM
- Facebook would like to remind the world it owns Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus Today 3:10 PM
- Kutcher, Kunis debunk divorce rumor—and fans reply with ‘That ‘70s Show’ memes Today 3:00 PM
- Yes, Tifa’s breasts are smaller in Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Here’s why Today 1:33 PM
- Google admits bug could let people spy on Nest cameras Today 1:29 PM
- The Trump 2020 bot campaign has begun Today 1:10 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in July 2019 Today 12:39 PM
- Suicides in the U.S. are increasing at terrifying rates Today 12:32 PM
- Hannah’s season of ‘The Bachelorette’ goes up in smoke amid drama, receipts Today 12:27 PM
- Homophobic pastor blocked from hosting event at Cracker Barrel Today 12:01 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in July 2019 Today 12:01 PM
- Biden faces backlash for remarks about working with segregationist senators Today 10:58 AM
Jake Gyllenhaal gets revenge on Amy Schumer for eating his frozen cheesecake
Now that’s a satisfying bite.
What happens on The Late Show not only ends up on TV and the Internet, but it may even come back to bite you.
Last week, Amy Schumer told Stephen Colbert that she had rented Jake Gyllenhaal’s house and ate some of the old cheesecake she found in his freezer. Schumer recorded herself eating it and talking to Gyllenhaal as if she attended the birthday party where it was served. She could have easily made this up, but then she rolled the clip.
When Gyllenhaal appeared on the show on Tuesday night, Colbert couldn’t resist relaying the story to him. While it’s unclear if he knew about it beforehand, Colbert gave him the perfect slice of sweet, sweet revenge—one that they shared onstage.
That looks like it might have been even more satisfying than the actual cheesecake.
Screengrab via The Late Show with Stephen Colbert/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.