- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay 5 Years Ago
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Today 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Today 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Today 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Today 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Today 3:29 PM
- Microsoft developing voice filters to block ‘toxic’ users on Xbox Live Today 3:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston already has 2 million followers on Instagram Today 3:25 PM
- Why facials oils are a must for your winter skincare routine Today 3:20 PM
- Father of mega-popular Ace Family YouTube channel accused of rape Today 1:59 PM
- This Italian town ‘banned’ Google Maps after people kept getting lost Today 1:31 PM
- Fornite emerges from black hole with Chapter 2 Today 1:21 PM
- Everything Google announced at today’s Pixel event Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix sued over line about interrogation technique in ‘When They See Us’ Today 12:52 PM
- Twitch streamer says racist trolls got her banned for ‘suggestive’ outfit Today 12:47 PM
Here’s the new teaser trailer for ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1’
The first look at this movie is straight-up propaganda.
The first teaser trailer for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1 is here, and it’s pure propaganda.
The concept of using propaganda for The Hunger Games franchise isn’t a new concept at all. Before every movie starts its marketing campaigns, a new issue of Capitol Couture, the fashion magazine from the dystopian trilogy’s Capitol that features various Tributes and “heroes” from the 12 Districts of Panem, is released.
In fact, the ad campaign and trailer fit right in with the very nature of Mockingjay. Thrown into disarray after Katniss Everdeen and the other rebels escape the Hunger Games arena, President Coriolanus Snow needs to keep the Districts united as the “elegant system, conceived to nourish and protect.”
There’s no sign of Katniss, but there’s another familiar face in the trailer. If Snow’s slightly threatening tone is any indication, I’d be very worried for him.
Photo via The Hunger Games/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.