- Kanye faces backlash for headlining Christian event with anti-LGBTQ leaders Today 10:31 AM
- Why is Yennefer of Vengerberg so different in Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’? Today 10:00 AM
- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge Today 9:46 AM
- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
Hulk Hogan is yours to command on Twitter
The wrestling star will do whatever you ask him to—just use the right hashtag.
Hulk Hogan is yours to play with. He’ll do whatever you ask him.
Hogan was a force to reckon with during the 1970s and 80s, collecting 12 wrestling championships and an induction into the WWE Hall of Fame.
Today he is a 58-year-old Twitter addict who is asking his followers to tweet things for him to do on video using the hashtag #challengehulk.
“Do you want to challenge Hulk Hogan to do something ridiculously funny?” the Facebook page for the challenge said. “A Lady Gaga parody? Dance with the stars? Ryan Seacrest takeover?! Bodyslam your neighbor?!”
So far the hashtag has only been mentioned about 240 times, according to statistics from Topsy, a social media search engine.
Many of those mentions have come from Hogan himself, who has been tweeting at celebrities like Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and Kim Kardashian asking them for suggestions. It’s enough to make the old fake-fighting champion look a little desperate.
It’s been a slightly different story on Facebook, however.
There people are challenging Hogan to a thumb war or run for president. One person has suggested he perform the cinnamon challenge, a popular dare game where a person tries to swallow a tablespoon of cinnamon without coughing it up or sneezing it out.
If he takes up the cinnamon challenge, we can only imagine his reaction will look something like this:
We can’t wait.
Photo by shaun wong
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.