- What it means to be pangender 8 Years Ago
- Why Lady Trieu’s costume is so significant in ‘Watchmen’ episode 4 Sunday 9:45 PM
- White woman calls police on her Black roommate for setting heat to 72 degrees Sunday 4:19 PM
- Nicki Minaj says she will stop using Instagram after it hides likes Sunday 2:59 PM
- Kylie Jenner denies sending ‘rise and shine’ cease-and-desist letters Sunday 2:23 PM
- Summer Walker accused of being rude to fan during meet-and-greet Sunday 1:22 PM
- Apple Store employee fired after texting customer’s personal photos to himself Sunday 12:27 PM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Vikings on Sunday Night Football Sunday 12:00 PM
- People are p*ssed YG asked his 3-year-old to smell a bag of weed Sunday 11:04 AM
- Mommy influencer created fake account to trash her husband, rivals Sunday 10:27 AM
- How to stream Packers vs. Panthers live Sunday 9:30 AM
- Video shows police arresting churro seller in subway station Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Rams live Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Rick and Morty’ season 4 Sunday 7:43 AM
- The best movies and TV shows streaming on Disney+ Sunday 7:11 AM
Look like Ryan Gosling in six easy steps
Hey girl, here’s how to transform your man into the Ryan Gosling of your dreams.
As men, we won’t publicly admit it, but we want to look like Ryan Gosling. With those Photoshopped abs and piercing blue eyes, however, it’s not easy to achieve his superstar looks or his blogworthy status.
But thanks to a three-minute instructional video on YouTube, you too can look like Gosling!
YouTube user joeythompson23, who resembles a beefier, red-state version of Gosling, offers tips to look like the actor. Posted on Sunday, the tutorial has collected more than 21,000 views and 1,000 likes.
Thompson said he didn’t believe that he looked like Gosling until a gas-station attendant pointed out the comparison. Being the polite, Southern gentleman that he is, Thompson gives viewers six pieces of advice to mirror Gosling’s dashing good looks.
First, Thompson suggests upgrading your wardrobe to something more chic, like you fell out of an Esquire spread. The second step he suggests is trimming and shaping your beard to something classier.
“You’re going to shave your face to a length that’s more GQ than it is grisly,” he suggests in his Southern accent.
In steps three and four, Thompson offers ways to contort your face to resemble Gosling’s sad puppy-like appearance. He said poke your jaw out “a tiny, little bit, but not too much.” And don’t overdo your grin. Rather, it should be thin and simple.
In step five, he suggests you should fix your hair like Gosling’s. Since us 99 percenters don’t have stylists, Thompson advises just wearing a hoodie.
And the final step, which Thompson suggests only to do if you’re bold enough, is to talk like him. Talking like Gosling is really just staring down at the ground while making little eye contact and mumbling your words. It’s Gosling’s dialect that’s tricky, we learned.
It only took six tips in becoming the most desirable actor in the world! Thank you, Joey, for producing the most useful YouTube video in existence.
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.