- Tom Steyer calls for reparations Tuesday 9:05 PM
- Etika mural added as official PokéStop in Pokémon Go Tuesday 8:35 PM
- Debate devolves into candidates shouting ‘math’ at each other Tuesday 8:19 PM
- Bloomberg rolls his eyes when challenged over sexist comments Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Bloomberg almost accidentally claims he ‘bought’ Congress Tuesday 8:03 PM
- ‘Dick Pound’ and ‘Bisexual Men Exist’ trend together–Twitter goes wild Tuesday 7:54 PM
- James Charles receives backlash over ‘racist’ imitation of Latinx TikTok character, Rosa Tuesday 7:06 PM
- Video shows people harassing elderly Asian man while he collects cans Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO, prompting conspiracy theories Tuesday 5:53 PM
- Bhad Bhabie threatens to kill Skai Jackson amid feud involving their moms Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing Tuesday 3:51 PM
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video Tuesday 3:30 PM
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case Tuesday 3:08 PM
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Tuesday 2:33 PM
We only have the slightest idea of what Trevor Noah will be like as the new host of The Daily Show, plus the names of a few comedians who said no to the job, but we can clearly see why one potential candidate wasn’t hired.
Hannibal Buress knew he would never get the gig because he’s black, but he tried for it anyway, and it’s evident he had no idea what he was getting into. He tries, but eventually he just switches over to saying whatever he thinks might make the most sense for his version of the show—which is a lot different than the one we’ve seen on TV all these years.
It’s all part of a sketch for Why? with Hannibal Buress, which premieres Wednesday at 10:30pm ET on Comedy Central, but something tells us he might be better doing what he knows best over there. Plus, he gets the pre-Daily Show audience, so that works out just as well for him.
Screengrab via Comedy Central/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.