- The 5 best Spike Lee movies Today 5:00 AM
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots visit suburban hell in ‘Vivarium’ Today 4:30 AM
- Spoiler-free review: HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ leans into the comic’s political side Today 3:00 AM
- #DogsAgainstBrexit highlights the negative impact of Brexit on pets Monday 7:44 PM
- Congress investigating whether vaping manufacturers used social media bots Monday 6:34 PM
- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted (updated) Monday 6:12 PM
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Monday 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Monday 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Monday 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Monday 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Monday 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Monday 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Monday 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Monday 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Monday 12:52 PM
5 huge moments from the Grammys preshow
Several stars already won big before music’s biggest night.
The 58th annual Grammy Awards takes center stage tonight and the official preshow has streamed live since noon PT. Some stars have already won huge before music’s biggest night. Here are five things you missed during the preshow.
1) Taylor Swift wins big, reacts bigger
Swift scored best pop vocal album for 1989, for which she called in live onstage to accept, and best music video for her hit song “Bad Blood” featuring rapper Kendrick Lamar. The star went crazy on Twitter with a video of her and bestie Selena Gomez.
2) Grammys tweet Kanye
Kanye West tweeted why he wouldn’t be attending the show this year and the Grammys tweeted back with zing.
3) Timbaland jams that new Kanye
The legendary producer stopped for an interview with Grammy correspondents wearing headphones around his neck. He explained he was listening to West’s latest work The Life of Pablo. Timbaland crowned the album as “great” and “well put together.”
4) Kid pianist captures crowd
Joey Alexander, 12, performed at the Grammy Premiere Ceremony. The preteen’s jazz piece stunned. His album is up for best jazz instrumental album and best improvised jazz solo.
5) And the preshow big winners are…
- Skrillex and Diplo: best dance recording for “What do you mean?” with Justin Bieber; best dance/electronica album for Jack U
- Alabama Shakes: best rock song for “Don’t Wanna Fight”; best alternative music album for Sound & Color
- Kendrick Lamar: best rap song for “Alright”; best rap performance for “Alright”
- Bruno Mars and Mark Ronson: best pop duo/group performance for “Uptown Funk”
- Ed Sheeran: best pop solo performance for “Thinking Out Loud”
- The Weeknd: best R&B performance for “Earned It”
- Jason Isbell: best Americana album for Something More Than Free
Screengrab via E!/Eonline.com
Nia Wesley is a former Daily Dot editorial intern who has also contributed to KXAN and ABC News. She's now a digital producer for KENS-5 in San Antonio, Texas.