- Instagram has mixed feelings about Mindy Kaling supporting Aziz Ansari 3 Years Ago
- Donald Trump keeps pushing his unsubstantiated voter fraud claims Today 4:09 PM
- Report: YouTube will no longer run ads on anti-vax channels Today 2:54 PM
- Microsoft employees want to cancel a $479 million contract with the U.S. military Today 1:14 PM
- Queso recipe gets launched to space Today 10:09 AM
- ‘Isabelle Facts’ was a wholesome queer meme account—until harassers showed up Today 8:28 AM
- 2016 election stories the ‘Newsroom’ reboot will cover Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Brandon Rios vs. Humberto Soto for free Today 6:00 AM
- ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ heads to ‘Bly Manor’ for next installment Today 5:45 AM
- How to stream James DeGale vs. Chris Eubank Jr. for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 145 in Prague for free Today 5:00 AM
- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
Several stars already won big before music’s biggest night.
The 58th annual Grammy Awards takes center stage tonight and the official preshow has streamed live since noon PT. Some stars have already won huge before music’s biggest night. Here are five things you missed during the preshow.
1) Taylor Swift wins big, reacts bigger
Swift scored best pop vocal album for 1989, for which she called in live onstage to accept, and best music video for her hit song “Bad Blood” featuring rapper Kendrick Lamar. The star went crazy on Twitter with a video of her and bestie Selena Gomez.
2) Grammys tweet Kanye
Kanye West tweeted why he wouldn’t be attending the show this year and the Grammys tweeted back with zing.
3) Timbaland jams that new Kanye
The legendary producer stopped for an interview with Grammy correspondents wearing headphones around his neck. He explained he was listening to West’s latest work The Life of Pablo. Timbaland crowned the album as “great” and “well put together.”
4) Kid pianist captures crowd
Joey Alexander, 12, performed at the Grammy Premiere Ceremony. The preteen’s jazz piece stunned. His album is up for best jazz instrumental album and best improvised jazz solo.
5) And the preshow big winners are…
- Skrillex and Diplo: best dance recording for “What do you mean?” with Justin Bieber; best dance/electronica album for Jack U
- Alabama Shakes: best rock song for “Don’t Wanna Fight”; best alternative music album for Sound & Color
- Kendrick Lamar: best rap song for “Alright”; best rap performance for “Alright”
- Bruno Mars and Mark Ronson: best pop duo/group performance for “Uptown Funk”
- Ed Sheeran: best pop solo performance for “Thinking Out Loud”
- The Weeknd: best R&B performance for “Earned It”
- Jason Isbell: best Americana album for Something More Than Free
Screengrab via E!/Eonline.com
Nia Wesley is a former Daily Dot editorial intern who has also contributed to KXAN and ABC News. She's now a digital producer for KENS-5 in San Antonio, Texas.