- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Today 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Today 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Today 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Today 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Today 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Today 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Today 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Today 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Today 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Today 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Today 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Today 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Today 11:33 AM
- The cast list for the ‘Kingsman’ prequel movie looks totally nuts Today 11:17 AM
- The best Prime Day deals to heat up your kitchen Today 11:16 AM
Several stars already won big before music’s biggest night.
The 58th annual Grammy Awards takes center stage tonight and the official preshow has streamed live since noon PT. Some stars have already won huge before music’s biggest night. Here are five things you missed during the preshow.
1) Taylor Swift wins big, reacts bigger
Swift scored best pop vocal album for 1989, for which she called in live onstage to accept, and best music video for her hit song “Bad Blood” featuring rapper Kendrick Lamar. The star went crazy on Twitter with a video of her and bestie Selena Gomez.
2) Grammys tweet Kanye
Kanye West tweeted why he wouldn’t be attending the show this year and the Grammys tweeted back with zing.
3) Timbaland jams that new Kanye
The legendary producer stopped for an interview with Grammy correspondents wearing headphones around his neck. He explained he was listening to West’s latest work The Life of Pablo. Timbaland crowned the album as “great” and “well put together.”
4) Kid pianist captures crowd
Joey Alexander, 12, performed at the Grammy Premiere Ceremony. The preteen’s jazz piece stunned. His album is up for best jazz instrumental album and best improvised jazz solo.
5) And the preshow big winners are…
- Skrillex and Diplo: best dance recording for “What do you mean?” with Justin Bieber; best dance/electronica album for Jack U
- Alabama Shakes: best rock song for “Don’t Wanna Fight”; best alternative music album for Sound & Color
- Kendrick Lamar: best rap song for “Alright”; best rap performance for “Alright”
- Bruno Mars and Mark Ronson: best pop duo/group performance for “Uptown Funk”
- Ed Sheeran: best pop solo performance for “Thinking Out Loud”
- The Weeknd: best R&B performance for “Earned It”
- Jason Isbell: best Americana album for Something More Than Free
Screengrab via E!/Eonline.com
Nia Wesley is a former Daily Dot editorial intern who has also contributed to KXAN and ABC News. She's now a digital producer for KENS-5 in San Antonio, Texas.