- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- “Party, Party, Party” TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
The Twitter account of supermodel Gigi Hadid appeared to be hacked Friday after a series of racist and antisemitic remarks appeared on her profile.
Those tweets, which began appearing shortly after 11pm EST, included frequent use of the N-word as well as references to Nazi Germany.
“Hitler did nothing wrong,” one of the tweets read.
The 24-year-old’s verified account also praised President Donald Trump, sent a homophobic slur at YouTube makeup star James Charles, and asked users to follow the now-deleted Twitter handle @grinchsquad13.
A screenshot of an alleged conversation held between Hadid and celebrity Kendall Jenner over Twitter direct message from 2013 was also posted.
Hadid’s account, which boasts more than 9 million followers, was seemingly restored roughly 30 minutes after the incident began. Hadid responded to the apparent hack by thanking her fans for standing behind her.
“Secured my Twitter, folks. Thanks for rallying for me,” Hadid said. “Joke’s on the hacker… I don’t use Twitter DM’s.”
Secured my Twitter, folks. Thanks for rallying for me 😆💘— Gigi Hadid (@GiGiHadid) May 11, 2019
Joke’s on the hacker ... I don’t use Twitter DM’s 🤣🤣🤣
Hadid also denied being behind the crude comments in a statement to her Instagram followers but later deleted the post.
“Hope it goes without saying… my Twitter was hacked,” Hadid said.
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.