- Everything we know so far about Peacock, NBC’s new streaming service Tuesday 7:42 PM
- Selena Gomez producing docuseries about immigration for Netflix Tuesday 7:11 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League action Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from Tuesday 5:54 PM
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action Tuesday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action Tuesday 5:24 PM
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival Tuesday 5:16 PM
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests Tuesday 5:04 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again Tuesday 4:27 PM
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care Tuesday 4:19 PM
- How to stream NXT for its USA network debut Tuesday 4:12 PM
- This website will show you how AI classifies you Tuesday 3:22 PM
- School tells Black 4-year-old to cut his hair or wear a dress Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Lizzo called a ‘snitch’ for accusing Postmates runner of stealing food Tuesday 2:30 PM
Netflix threw a lot of money at it but Friends is finally leaving for good. (Well, in six months.)
It was announced on Tuesday that the show will officially be heading to WarnerMedia’s new streaming platform, HBO Max, which will debut in spring 2020. HBO Max will also host CW shows (including upcoming ones like Batwoman), and offer original content from Reese Witherspoon and director/producer Greg Berlanti. Pretty Little Liars and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air will also air exclusively on HBO Max.
Friends‘ exit from Netflix has been anticipated since at least January, and another popular show, The Office, is leaving in 2021 for NBCUniversal’s own streaming platform. HBO Max will offer original programming like Dune: The Sisterhood and an animated Gremlins series, as well as upcoming HBO series Lovecraft Country, The Nevers, and a reboot of Perry Mason. Programming from Adult Swim, TruTV, TBS, and more will also be available.
Info about subscription pricing is not yet available, though last month it was reported that an HBO-Cinemax bundle could go for $16-$17 a month.
- Netflix might be losing its most popular shows thanks to new streaming service
- ‘The Office,’ ‘Friends,’ and ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ were Netflix’s top-streamed shows of 2018
- Fans of ‘Friends’ notice creepy red eyes in background of episode
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.