- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
- YouTube’s 2019 Rewind video is much different than last year’s debacle Thursday 1:19 PM
- Artists get revenge on art-stealing T-shirt bots Thursday 12:44 PM
Netflix threw a lot of money at it but Friends is finally leaving for good. (Well, in six months.)
It was announced on Tuesday that the show will officially be heading to WarnerMedia’s new streaming platform, HBO Max, which will debut in spring 2020. HBO Max will also host CW shows (including upcoming ones like Batwoman), and offer original content from Reese Witherspoon and director/producer Greg Berlanti. Pretty Little Liars and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air will also air exclusively on HBO Max.
Friends‘ exit from Netflix has been anticipated since at least January, and another popular show, The Office, is leaving in 2021 for NBCUniversal’s own streaming platform. HBO Max will offer original programming like Dune: The Sisterhood and an animated Gremlins series, as well as upcoming HBO series Lovecraft Country, The Nevers, and a reboot of Perry Mason. Programming from Adult Swim, TruTV, TBS, and more will also be available.
Info about subscription pricing is not yet available, though last month it was reported that an HBO-Cinemax bundle could go for $16-$17 a month.
- Netflix might be losing its most popular shows thanks to new streaming service
- ‘The Office,’ ‘Friends,’ and ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ were Netflix’s top-streamed shows of 2018
- Fans of ‘Friends’ notice creepy red eyes in background of episode
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.