Your feel-good Facebook status is false, and Rainn Wilson will tell you exactly why.
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day’s must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- Federal Communications Commission chairman Julius Genachowski botches a live Twitter chat due to a misunderstanding of how to use hashtags.
- Due to the proliferation of “likes Nickelback” as an Internet euphemism for “sucks,” Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel issues a statement clarifying that he does not enjoy the band’s music.
- Online Apple pundits were near-perfect in predicting what Apple would reveal at today’s iPhone 5 launch.
- The Newsroom star Alison Pill accidentally tweets a topless photo, handles the situation with class.
- Music video purveyors Vevo have partnered with airline Virgin for some in-flight entertainment.
- In honor of the GoDaddy hack that wasn’t, Wired rounds up five famous hacks that never actually happened.
Above: In typical Dwight Schrute style, Rainn Wilson declares your inspirational Facebook status FALSE. Wilson recorded this video as part of CollegeHumor’s anti-malaria fundraiser, Malarious!
Pure, uncut internet. Straight to your inbox.