- Tom Brady keeps supplying us with new meme material Friday 5:55 PM
- Emails reveal Facebook’s knowledge of Cambridge Analytica Friday 3:43 PM
- ‘Fast and Furious’ + ‘American Ninja Warrior’ = Netflix’s ‘Hyperdrive’ Friday 3:15 PM
- Trump jokes drop in Dow is because Seth Moulton dropped out of 2020 race Friday 3:13 PM
- What we learned when we visited Mr. B, America’s chonkiest cat Friday 1:46 PM
- Trump’s new plan to fight opioid overdose? This tweet Friday 1:06 PM
- Fitness influencer shamed for ‘sharing numbers’ in weight loss posts Friday 1:04 PM
- The VSCO Girl has always been here Friday 1:01 PM
- Tomi Lahren’s new ‘Freedom’ clothing line is made for meme mockery Friday 12:21 PM
- Taylor Swift’s ‘London Boy’ is a bop, but Brits don’t think her lyrics are accurate Friday 12:02 PM
- Popeyes blasted for employee welfare amid chicken sandwich war Friday 11:59 AM
- Cory Booker says nonbinary ‘niephew’ taught him about trans issues Friday 11:53 AM
- Megachurch pushes conversion therapy on Instagram, Facebook with #OnceGay Friday 11:11 AM
- Christian movie review site blasts Netflix’s ‘The Family’ Friday 10:50 AM
- YouTube removes ‘coordinated’ channels spreading Hong Kong misinformation Friday 8:58 AM
Dave Chappelle spent Friday night ripping Hillary Clinton, defending Donald Trump
Is this all one big joke?
Chappelle said he voted early in his home of Yellow Springs, Ohio, claiming he “didn’t feel good” about choosing Clinton, comparing it to a hypothetical situation in which he would still have sex with Halle Berry even if she farted in his face. “[Clinton] is going to be on a coin someday,” he said. “And her behavior has not been coin-worthy. She’s not right, and we all know she’s not right.”
The Observer noted that Chappelle “shocked the crowd” with those comments and reportedly spent much of his 60-minute set blasting Clinton. He also seemed to give Trump a break for his comments on the leaked Hollywood Access tape.
“What I heard on that tape was gross,” Chappelle said. “But the way I got to hear it was even more gross. You know that came directly from Hillary.”
It should be noted that there’s been no link between the leaked tape and the Clinton campaign, but that didn’t stop Chappelle from defending Trump’s comments, especially when the Republican nominee claimed that he could grab women “by the pussy” with no consequences.
Said Chappelle: “Sexual assault? It wasn’t. He said, ‘And when you’re a star, they let you do it.’ That phrase implies consent. I just don’t like the way the media twisted that whole thing. Nobody questioned it.”
Of course, Chappelle is a comedian. This all could be a big joke. Maybe he’s setting all of us up for a turn when he performs his SNL monologue.
After all, he liked Bill Clinton.
And he once called Trump a “White Malcolm X.”
Either way, Chappelle’s rant began going viral on Saturday afternoon, only a week before he takes the SNL stage in what producers hope is a highly-rated show. The timing is not necessarily a coincidence.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.