- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
Dave Chappelle spent Friday night ripping Hillary Clinton, defending Donald Trump
Is this all one big joke?
Chappelle said he voted early in his home of Yellow Springs, Ohio, claiming he “didn’t feel good” about choosing Clinton, comparing it to a hypothetical situation in which he would still have sex with Halle Berry even if she farted in his face. “[Clinton] is going to be on a coin someday,” he said. “And her behavior has not been coin-worthy. She’s not right, and we all know she’s not right.”
The Observer noted that Chappelle “shocked the crowd” with those comments and reportedly spent much of his 60-minute set blasting Clinton. He also seemed to give Trump a break for his comments on the leaked Hollywood Access tape.
“What I heard on that tape was gross,” Chappelle said. “But the way I got to hear it was even more gross. You know that came directly from Hillary.”
It should be noted that there’s been no link between the leaked tape and the Clinton campaign, but that didn’t stop Chappelle from defending Trump’s comments, especially when the Republican nominee claimed that he could grab women “by the pussy” with no consequences.
Said Chappelle: “Sexual assault? It wasn’t. He said, ‘And when you’re a star, they let you do it.’ That phrase implies consent. I just don’t like the way the media twisted that whole thing. Nobody questioned it.”
Of course, Chappelle is a comedian. This all could be a big joke. Maybe he’s setting all of us up for a turn when he performs his SNL monologue.
After all, he liked Bill Clinton.
And he once called Trump a “White Malcolm X.”
Either way, Chappelle’s rant began going viral on Saturday afternoon, only a week before he takes the SNL stage in what producers hope is a highly-rated show. The timing is not necessarily a coincidence.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.