- Apple warns coronavirus expected to cause iPhone ‘supply shortages’ Monday 7:59 PM
- Will ‘The Bachelor’ end without an engagement? Monday 7:44 PM
- This ‘Little Women’ scene just became a meme Monday 7:03 PM
- Playable version of Blizzard’s ‘StarCraft: Ghost’ leaks online nearly 15 years after cancelation Monday 6:31 PM
- This Twitter extension can block unsolicited nudes from your inbox Monday 6:01 PM
- Jeffree Star wears cornrows after being accused of cultural appropriation Monday 4:49 PM
- Jeff Bezos says he’ll commit $10 billion to combat climate change Monday 4:18 PM
- A TikTok user went on a mission to turn his urine blue by chugging food coloring Monday 3:55 PM
- YouTuber’s vacation in ‘Bali’ was actually staged at Ikea Monday 3:14 PM
- Video shows liquor store manager calling employee ‘f*cking worthless’ Monday 1:16 PM
- Instagram influencer scams followers out of $1.5 million Monday 12:22 PM
- Why did the Israeli military tweet this thirst trap? Monday 10:43 AM
- Jake Paul wants you to have financial freedom… by paying him a monthly fee Monday 10:40 AM
- Tweets from Sanders supporters are terrifying the establishment Monday 10:15 AM
- Zuckerberg says he supports 1 bill in Congress that would regulate Facebook Monday 10:11 AM
“CSI” creator Anthony Zuiker brings new drama to YouTube
The executive producer has partnered with Tony Valenzuela of BlackBoxTV to launch a film series of dramas and mysteries.
Last week Saturday Night Live’s Lorne Michaels launched a YouTube comedy channel, and now it looks like another TV executive wants to get in on the action.
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation creator Anthony Zuiker has teamed up with Tony Valenzuela of BlackBoxTV to launch the short film series, “Anthony E. Zuiker Presents.”
“This is a dream partnership, obviously, and for somebody like me who has been bumping online for five years to actually have this opportunity with [Zuiker] is amazing,” Valenzuela said to What’s Trending.
BlackBoxTV is known for its stand-alone scripted episodes, and the team behind it cites The Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Tales from The Crypt, the works of Stephen King, and Wes Craven, among others, as inspiration.
“I feel like online is the best artistic medium because you can be completely free, completely hardcore, really speak to an audience that knows what authenticity means and what it feels like,” Zuiker said.
The first episode, “Reawakening,” which premiered May 26, tells the story of how one man is able to seek revenge on those who betrayed him after his death. It has already received over 37,000 views.
“Anthony E. Zuiker Presents” is set to update Fridays at 9 pm Pacific Time.
Photo via YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.