- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Wednesday 2:47 PM
- ‘Beyoncé’s Assistant for a Day’ creator is releasing more games on storytelling app Yarn Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Why does everyone keep falling for that Instagram and Facebook hoax? Wednesday 1:46 PM
- A bunch of celebrities fell for that viral Instagram hoax Wednesday 1:17 PM
- Former Die Antwoord crew member says video shows ‘homophobic attack’ Wednesday 1:13 PM
- How to stream all the MLS Rivalry Week matches Wednesday 1:13 PM
Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig troll a morning show host who hasn’t seen their movie
No, Kristen Wiig doesn’t go full frontal.
Denver news anchor Chris Parente may have won several regional Emmys for his work, but during a recent interview with comedy veterans Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader, he made an amateur’s mistake.
He mentioned the wrong film, with hilarious results.
Parente’s gaffe sent Wiig and Hader—who were on news channel KWGN’s live morning segment Daybreak to talk about their new film The Skeleton Twins—into hysterics, after they recovered from their stunned shock when Parente asked Wiig to talk about going full frontal for the role.
It quickly became evident that Parente, who’d just raved about what a “great film” The Skeleton Twins was, had been asking Wiig about a totally different film.
The film Parente was referring to is Welcome to Me, which, like The Skeleton Twins, was recently screened to acclaim at the Toronto International Film Festival. Parente claimed to have attended TIFF, but apparently didn’t see either film.
Once he realizes what’s happened, Hader milks the moment. “I’m nude in this movie,” he joked, “and I’m upside down the whole film. The movie takes place on Mars.”
The fun starts around 1:40, when Parente, seemingly out of nowhere, asks Wiig for advice on doing his news program in the nude.
The Skeleton Twins enters wide release this weekend. Despite Wiig’s lack of nudity, the film has received mostly positive reviews so far. We think Parente will like it when he finally gets around to seeing it.
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.