- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford Friday 9:00 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Friday 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Friday 1:42 PM
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Friday 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Friday 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Friday 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Friday 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Friday 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Friday 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Friday 10:52 AM
Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig troll a morning show host who hasn’t seen their movie
No, Kristen Wiig doesn’t go full frontal.
Denver news anchor Chris Parente may have won several regional Emmys for his work, but during a recent interview with comedy veterans Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader, he made an amateur’s mistake.
He mentioned the wrong film, with hilarious results.
Parente’s gaffe sent Wiig and Hader—who were on news channel KWGN’s live morning segment Daybreak to talk about their new film The Skeleton Twins—into hysterics, after they recovered from their stunned shock when Parente asked Wiig to talk about going full frontal for the role.
It quickly became evident that Parente, who’d just raved about what a “great film” The Skeleton Twins was, had been asking Wiig about a totally different film.
The film Parente was referring to is Welcome to Me, which, like The Skeleton Twins, was recently screened to acclaim at the Toronto International Film Festival. Parente claimed to have attended TIFF, but apparently didn’t see either film.
Once he realizes what’s happened, Hader milks the moment. “I’m nude in this movie,” he joked, “and I’m upside down the whole film. The movie takes place on Mars.”
The fun starts around 1:40, when Parente, seemingly out of nowhere, asks Wiig for advice on doing his news program in the nude.
The Skeleton Twins enters wide release this weekend. Despite Wiig’s lack of nudity, the film has received mostly positive reviews so far. We think Parente will like it when he finally gets around to seeing it.
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.