- How to stream live TV on PlayStation 4 6 Years Ago
- How to watch Disney XD online for free 6 Years Ago
- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale? Sunday 10:21 PM
- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Sunday 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever Sunday 7:54 AM
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Sunday 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Sunday 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
Here’s the ‘Breaking Bad’ alternate ending you’ve been waiting for
“The only thing that still made sense in the whole dream was that I still walked around in my underwear.”
Breaking Bad delivered a near-flawless series finale. But what if it all—Heisenberg, the crystal blue, the stare down with powerful drug dealers in the New Mexico desert—had all been just a bad dream?
As a bonus feature on the DVD/Blu-ray box set of season 5, due Nov. 26, the producers made good on a long-running Internet theory that Breaking Bad was somehow tied to Malcolm in the Middle, in which Bryan Cranston played a lovable goof of a father to three kids.
Back in January, Cranston’s TV wife, Jane Kaczmarek, appeared on set to film this alternate ending. It’s priceless, and it gives you an idea of what Breaking Bad would have been like as a suburban comedy for network television.
The best part: “The only thing that still made sense in the whole dream was that I still walked around in my underwear.”
Update: The original video has been pulled from YouTube. Here’s a foreign mirror, if you don’t mind subtitles.
For good measure, here’s my favorite Breaking Bad/Malcolm in the Middle mashup. If you’ve seen the show, you’ll remember the scene.
Screengrab via YouTube
Austin Powell is the managing editor of the Daily Dot. His work focuses on the intersection of entertainment and technology. He previously served as a music columnist for the Austin Chronicle and is the co-author of The Austin Chronicle Music Anthology.