- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok Wednesday 2:52 PM
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting Wednesday 2:42 PM
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Wednesday 1:45 PM
- Republican’s Operation Safe Return criticized as cover for mass deporation Wednesday 1:42 PM
Here’s the ‘Breaking Bad’ alternate ending you’ve been waiting for
“The only thing that still made sense in the whole dream was that I still walked around in my underwear.”
Breaking Bad delivered a near-flawless series finale. But what if it all—Heisenberg, the crystal blue, the stare down with powerful drug dealers in the New Mexico desert—had all been just a bad dream?
As a bonus feature on the DVD/Blu-ray box set of season 5, due Nov. 26, the producers made good on a long-running Internet theory that Breaking Bad was somehow tied to Malcolm in the Middle, in which Bryan Cranston played a lovable goof of a father to three kids.
Back in January, Cranston’s TV wife, Jane Kaczmarek, appeared on set to film this alternate ending. It’s priceless, and it gives you an idea of what Breaking Bad would have been like as a suburban comedy for network television.
The best part: “The only thing that still made sense in the whole dream was that I still walked around in my underwear.”
Update: The original video has been pulled from YouTube. Here’s a foreign mirror, if you don’t mind subtitles.
For good measure, here’s my favorite Breaking Bad/Malcolm in the Middle mashup. If you’ve seen the show, you’ll remember the scene.
Screengrab via YouTube
Austin Powell is the former managing editor of the Daily Dot. His work focuses on the intersection of entertainment and technology. He previously served as a music columnist for the Austin Chronicle and is the co-author of The Austin Chronicle Music Anthology.