- Animator for Netflix’s ‘Carmen Sandiego’ says he was fired after asking for fair pay Sunday 3:17 PM
- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Sunday 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Sunday 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Sunday 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Sunday 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Sunday 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Sunday 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
Here’s the ‘Breaking Bad’ alternate ending you’ve been waiting for
“The only thing that still made sense in the whole dream was that I still walked around in my underwear.”
Breaking Bad delivered a near-flawless series finale. But what if it all—Heisenberg, the crystal blue, the stare down with powerful drug dealers in the New Mexico desert—had all been just a bad dream?
As a bonus feature on the DVD/Blu-ray box set of season 5, due Nov. 26, the producers made good on a long-running Internet theory that Breaking Bad was somehow tied to Malcolm in the Middle, in which Bryan Cranston played a lovable goof of a father to three kids.
Back in January, Cranston’s TV wife, Jane Kaczmarek, appeared on set to film this alternate ending. It’s priceless, and it gives you an idea of what Breaking Bad would have been like as a suburban comedy for network television.
The best part: “The only thing that still made sense in the whole dream was that I still walked around in my underwear.”
Update: The original video has been pulled from YouTube. Here’s a foreign mirror, if you don’t mind subtitles.
For good measure, here’s my favorite Breaking Bad/Malcolm in the Middle mashup. If you’ve seen the show, you’ll remember the scene.
Screengrab via YouTube
Austin Powell is the former managing editor of the Daily Dot. His work focuses on the intersection of entertainment and technology. He previously served as a music columnist for the Austin Chronicle and is the co-author of The Austin Chronicle Music Anthology.